Music, Art, Movies - Let us know!

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

yuolivia
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

The good movie: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Post by yuolivia »

When I was "coming of age" in the 1990's, I refused to watch
Curb Your Enthusiasm dvd . I hated American sitcoms, which have been going steadily downhill since the 1970's. But I got a pair of tickets to see Jerry in concert (after the show had concluded), so I went. I really liked it, Ghost Whisperer dvd so I watched the entire Seinfeld show. Then noticing some guy named Larry David was constantly listed in the credits, I decided to check out Curb Your Enthusiasm. I like CYE more than Seinfeld. When you watch CYE, you realise that George Costanza is Larry David, Family Guy dvd and you realise how much of Seinfeld was really Larry David. After Larry left Seinfeld, the writing declined sharply, and got quite silly at times. I think this show is hilarious, especially the first episode when Larry insults Richard Lewis's girlfriend. Desperate Housewives dvd I also love the "Wagner" episode (Trick or Treat), and when Richard and Larry help the blind guy move in. Susie Essman's character in this show is absolutely hysterical. Just imagine an even more shrill and ticked off version of Janeane Garofalo, Weeds dvd and you get the idea. Even though it's about Hollywood in some ways, it doesn't wallow in the "insider" mode like a lot of shows about Hollywood do with gratuitous celebrity cameos. If a celebrity appears here, they usually end up playing the dark side of their natures.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED