Lost, the show, was absolutely genius

The Online Lovecraftian monthly Magazine

Moderators: mgmirkin, EG_Administration, Moderators

angelaben
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Lost, the show, was absolutely genius

Post by angelaben »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is going to be a divisive episode of Lost. What you think of the "Across the Sea" probably comes down to how you answer the question: Did we need to know all this?Or put another way, it comes down to which answers you think we do need from Lost, and which answers we don't need. Is it really, really important that you end the series knowing who Adam and Eve were? Where the black and white stones came from? Who built the frozen wheel and how it got underground? Where Jacob and the Man in Black came from and why they are rivals? Why the Others speak Latin? If so, then "Across the Sea" let you check a whole lot of items off your list.On the other hand, if what you want most for the last few hours of Lost is to complete the emotional and story arc of the characters whom you've been invested in for six years (as opposed to ancient, pre-psychological, quasi-divine figures you met at the end of last season), then you may have, as I did, spent too much of "Across the Sea" checking your watch, waiting for a scenery switch, or—and Lost does not often make me do this—rolling your eyes.
Lost DVD 1-6
Family Guy DVD 1-8
Grey’s Anatomy DVD 1-6
The L Word DVD 1-6
Dexter DVD 1-4
Sons Of Anarchy DVD 1-2
The Tudors DVD 1-4