FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Log in   Register
Username:
 Password:  
 Anu-Ka'Ra harder than [ALL] (spoilers)
draeger
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:59 am
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Anu-Ka'Ra is rated [ALL]. I foolishly attacked a (Weak) nile crocodile, even though I know they can hit hard, and ended up dead.

As a mi-go, when I die I acquire the (Flying) flag. Thus I couldn't move out of the infirmary ("You can't fly underwater!"). So, I RECALLed, and wound up in the central courtyard, which is also underwater! Lacking the breathing apparatus on my corpse, "The water isn't good to breath!", so I slowly lost hit points, unable to move, already at the recall point.

I think it's a flaw that dying or recalling to a water square doesn't remove the (Flying) flag from a player character. I eventually figured out that I could sleep, LAND in a dream, awaken, and swim. Maybe this is a puzzle and it is intentional? If so, it's devious!

I walked around Anu-Ka'Ra looking for my corpse. Between the infirmary and the corpse room are warriors. I didn't know these guards were aggressive because they are not when I am fully armored. So I died again. I liked this and thought it was a good puzzle!

The next time I made myself invisible before encountering warriors, but was killed again. It turns out they can see invisible, same as Ulthar gate guards! To get to my corpse I had to mask myself as a Deep One. Luckily a Deep One has opened a restaurent nearby so this isn't hard.

The difficulty with breathing, movement, and the warriors suggests [All] is not a good level range guideline.

Page 1 of 1    Post new topic   Reply to topic
The Temple of Dagon Forum Index All times are GMT - 6 Hours
The time now is Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:37 pm