look for as little shoe

Have any ideas?

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

tgfreio1170
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

look for as little shoe

Post by tgfreio1170 »

Thank you for the post, Pete, Nike Flyknit Air Max very intriguing small study and great to hear your general comments as well! I was skeptical about the marketing of the compound before these first came out, but curiosity got the better of me, so I bought a pair as a replacement longer distance shoe and I’ve now completed several runs ranging from short distance to about 12K.I find I can definitely feel a “boostâ€� most when heel striking obviously, definitely not as much when striking mid-foot. I would also agree with others that this is too heavy for a race shoe (although not too bad). There are a bunch of features that I tend not to like in a shoe as well, such as the higher heel-toe drop, the snug upper and the heel flare.Despite all that, I am finding I quite like the shoe, particularly the bouncy but still firmer nature I find from the Boost material. Thus I’ll be quite intrigued to see what other shoes they use Nike Air Max 90 Dame Online DK it on!

Heel-Toe drop/offset/differential as defined by Brooks Running is “the difference between (midsole + outsole) heel height and (midsole + outsole) forefoot height� (see picture above from New Balance if you’re not clear what the midsole and outsole are). Thus, a drop of zero would mean that when seated in the shoe, the heel and ball of the forefoot would be at exactly the same height off of the ground. A drop of 12mm would mean that the heel sits 12mm higher off the ground than the forefoot. The importance of the HT drop value is that it’s thought that the lower it is, the easier it will be to land on your midfoot or forefoot while running. I’m not sure if there have been published studies confirming this, but my personal experience running in shoes of varying HT drop values, as well as a few of my informal laboratory attempts to correlate heel height in shoes with footstrike, seem to suggest that this relationship is likely real. You can check out these posts for more:

That last quote is right on the money – “turn on your sensors and listen to your body.� Your body evolved to run long distances, and it evolved to do so barefoot. The realist in me knows that most people will likely never run barefoot, so if that’s not your thing, look for as little shoe as you can handle and still run comfortably. Your body will let you know if it’s happy, be mindful and listen.This post was authored by Peter Larson. Pete is a recovering academic who currently works as an exercise physiologist, running coach, and writer. He's also a father of three and a fanatical runner with a bit of a shoe obsession. In addition to writing and editing this site, he is co-author of the book Tread Lightly, and writes a personal blog called Th Nike Free Powerlines e Blogologist. Follow Pete on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and via email.