How many people from CthulhuMud

CthulhuMud Discussion

Moderators: mgmirkin, Bast, Quanqued, Moderators

Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

How many people from CthulhuMud

Post by Aleister »

I know not many people from the game post here, but I am curious how many actually come to the forums.

I know the forums are mentioned on the official page for CthulhuMud, but I have no idea how much traffic it gets from the players.

So if you play the game, reply to this please! ;)
Croup
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Croup »

Here :D
Can't Make an Omelette without killing someone.

Post by Guest »

Heyas,

Just started playing again, never ever did post here, but thought I'd drop by and say hello.

Morgan
Morgan
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Morgan »

Helps if I log in before I post. =o
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Thanks for coming by! :)
Morgan
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Morgan »

Ah, and since I've a bit of time to play again, I'm going to finish the map of Ulthar I was workin on for the people who are easily lost. It's been mostly done since the last time I played, but it isn't labeled at all yet.

So if you're still taking contributions, you'll likely be seeing it soon. =)

Also, if you don't mind, I borrowed your elder sign graphic to edit, resize and work into my own sig graphic. If it's not alright I'll remove it, but I always loved that particular version, as opposed to one with straighter lines.
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

The sig looks good :) It's cool.
Benedict
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Benedict »

*tosses containers of people's favorite poisons, intoxicants, and other beverages around*

I'm here. :P

Benedict ap Fitzwilliam
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Glad you made it :) Now if we can just get everyone else from CM on here too hehe..

They are probably all mad at me since I am hardly ever around. What's the word on the (Arkham) street? :)
Benedict
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Benedict »

Dead silence the past few times I've been on. Unless Aemilia was invis as she is wont to be, the place was deserted every time I've been on since the hurricane in Florida.
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Very sad indeed. I remember back before the big crash it was always so crowded there.

It was much different back then.. there was a lot more 'life' in it you know. I know for a fact the fans are still there.. maybe text-based games just are not as appealing as they used to be. The subject matter always made up for it though.
Benedict
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Benedict »

There used to be so many newbies it took a week of playing at least 4 hours a day to reach level 15 because the newbie areas were overcrowded. It can be done in one evening now... Getting past 20 or 25 is still tough unless someone gifts you with a crafted weapon... That's when we lose most new players who come in, IMHO.
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

I think most of the players have never even heard of HPL. Thats one of the reason I have all the info on CM that I do on the site.

I think if more fans knew about it, they would be the more serious players.
Quanqued

Post by Quanqued »

That and I suppose we could put a little more effort into advertising it. That is being worked on btw. I'll also note that we're doing a number of major revisions including moving the official site over to Temple of Dagon's server and Al graciously agreeing to do the work for the webpage. You can telnet into the mud with the new domain cthulhumud.com, and as soon as the new webpage is finished being worked out I'll adjust the DNS records to point from the old website to the new one.
pancho

Post by pancho »

on average how many players are playing during peak hours
??