Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

READ! - Forum Rules

Post by Aleister »

Forum Rules
Updated 10-24-04

These rules are subject to change. Feel free to comment below.

Membership

This is a public forum. New users are welcome, and there are no requirements or conditions to become a member. The contents of the forum are viewable by everyone, but to post or reply to a topic you must be a registered user. Registration is easy and requires only a valid email address.

Acceptable Behavior

There are no strict rules concerning the subject matter of topics, but there is one behavior in particular that will most likely get you banned. Do not flame or bash a forum member or their work! There is a difference between constructive criticism and an outright attack on an individual. If you have personal problems with a member, the forum is NOT the place for it. Send them an email or a private message.

Spam

Advertising is not permitted here, except in certain cases. The only time when it is allowed is when it directly deals with the topic theme, and is posted by a contributing member. This means: Do not register with the forum just to advertise your product or service unless you have a damn good reason to do so! If you are unsure, ask the members if they would like to hear about whatever you have to offer before actually posting a link etc. Long time members (including Temple of Dagon contributors) get more leeway as far as this goes, since they have shown themselves to be respected members of the forum.

Miscellaneous

More information will be added to this post as time goes on. These are just a few key things for members to keep in mind. If you have any questions feel free to ask! While the administrators of course have final say, this is a very open forum, and the opinions of the members are held very high.
Lagwolf
Haunter of the Dark
Haunter of the Dark

Post by Lagwolf »

Well to make the plug for my radio show relevant, I am just going to have to make a plug for this site aren't I? Oh damn you forced me to...you curr!
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

FUCKING GODDAMN PIECE OF SHIT STICKY THREAD! GET OFFA MEEEEEE

:lol:
Eidolon
Librarian
Librarian

Re: READ! - Forum Rules

Post by Eidolon »

Aleister wrote:Forum Rules
Updated 10-24-04

These rules are subject to change. Feel free to comment below.

Advertising is not permitted here, except in certain cases. The only time when it is allowed is when it directly deals with the topic theme, and is posted by a contributing member. This means: Do not register with the forum just to advertise your product or service unless you have a damn good reason to do so! If you are unsure, ask the members if they would like to hear about whatever you have to offer before actually posting a link etc. Long time members (including Temple of Dagon contributors) get more leeway as far as this goes, since they have shown themselves to be respected members of the forum.
Woot! No more Pr0nbots!
SI SIBI MONVMENTVM REQVIRES, CIRVUMSPICE
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Actually most of the spam problems vanished once I setup the visual confirmation procedure for new user registration. :)
The Ziggurat
Occultist
Occultist

Post by The Ziggurat »

down with spam
down with spam

(buy hymns of the cthulhu mythos)

down with spam
down with spam

(listen to the ziggurat)

down with spam
down with spam
down
down
down
Currently Touring.
www.theziggurat.org
Eidolon
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Eidolon »

Where was that page... I remember reading it, it was a new age gospel, about how o combat the evils of the great old one, S'P-Am. Anyone seen it, or remember how to get to it?
SI SIBI MONVMENTVM REQVIRES, CIRVUMSPICE
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

say, does this mean the Church of Cthulhu Can be an partner site or something of the Temple of dagon? you know, cause...Church of Cthulhu is an actual...soon to be...church....yeah...
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

The Ziggurat wrote:down with spam
down with spam

(buy hymns of the cthulhu mythos)

down with spam
down with spam

(listen to the ziggurat)

down with spam
down with spam
down
down
down

What the Hell is wrong with you?
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Yog: I have been thinking about that idea.. even possibly hosting it.. mainly so that if it becomes popular, it will still be part of ToD :P
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

you mean your actually been thinking about hosting it???!!!??!!??!! please remember that its gonna be an organization for the people who belive in this stuff. and also, if your gonna host it, we need a good webpage designer to do it, make up some good looking animated gifs, some explosions, like a whole page of just explosions, information that will make people who read it belive.... umm.... products......uhhh.....playing cards....songs....games? and other things of the like, its gotta be everything for the modern Cthulist
also, PM me about the details.
odin2
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by odin2 »

That would be great if we could get it hosted by ToD, as I am not having much luck geting it hosted by anyone else....
"I'm farther from doing what I want to do than I was 20 years ago"
~~H.P.Lovecraft~~
IMDB wrote: in the event of a zombie apocalypse, or the return of Cthulu, be near a Wal-Mart!
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

but were gonna need someone to write it up in HTML coding though. its gotta be cool, kinda like the Temple except the sides should be red.... the scroll thing where all the information is should be black.....or maybee is should all be done in flash......i dunno, its just gotta look good, attract people to it, turn heads, and convert people.
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

welp, noone is gonna host it for us, Odin, too bad.
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Ok fine, I will host it *grin*

Whichever one of you that is handling this, email me, and we will get the details sorted out :)