Mythos news

Site news and updates

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

Jesus Prime

Mythos news

Post by Jesus Prime »

I figured it'd be a good addition to the site, a little news section for articles which seem like real-life occurances of something Lovecraft would have dreamt up. If anyone finds anything, post it here, we'll see if we can strong-arm Al into setting it up, maybe giving one of us the sorcerous powers needed to update it on the main page.
Last edited by Jesus Prime on Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

Jesus Prime wrote:Good point. You sexy beast, you.
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Not the discovery, but them being allowed to go back and find more stuff.
Hodgson
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by Hodgson »

Hodgson
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by Hodgson »

A Montana Wolf Mystery & the Fury it Breeds
By Hal Herring, 3-29-06

The creature, whatever it is, came out of Montana's own McCone County, wandering from the rough breaks of Timber Creek, just south of the Big Dry Arm of Fort Peck Reservoir, and the CM Russell Wildlife Refuge. Where it had wandered before that, Canada or North Dakota, nobody knows.

Since December, it has struck six herds of sheep belonging to stockmen in McCone and Garfield Counties, killing 36 ewes, and injuring 71, many of which will succumb to their wounds.

It leaves a track like a small wolf, or a dog, or a wolf-hybrid, but its killing habits are inefficient, nothing like the surgical lethality of a wolf taking meat from a herd of domestic sheep.

Coyotes, those that survive here in the gauntlet of traps and aerial gunnery and cyanide "getters," kill a lot of sheep every year, but nothing like this.

This creature is a traveler, and it is not always alone, though its companion leaves a smaller track still, adding to the mystery. . . . [More at above link]

Link found at http://www.cryptozoology.com/news/news.php
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

Yah we have alot of those around here...there called foxes
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
E.A. Lovecraft
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by E.A. Lovecraft »

Mystery solved.
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Hodgson wrote:A Montana Wolf Mystery & the Fury it Breeds
By Hal Herring, 3-29-06

The creature, whatever it is, came out of Montana's own McCone County, wandering from the rough breaks of Timber Creek, just south of the Big Dry Arm of Fort Peck Reservoir, and the CM Russell Wildlife Refuge. Where it had wandered before that, Canada or North Dakota, nobody knows.

Since December, it has struck six herds of sheep belonging to stockmen in McCone and Garfield Counties, killing 36 ewes, and injuring 71, many of which will succumb to their wounds.

It leaves a track like a small wolf, or a dog, or a wolf-hybrid, but its killing habits are inefficient, nothing like the surgical lethality of a wolf taking meat from a herd of domestic sheep.

Coyotes, those that survive here in the gauntlet of traps and aerial gunnery and cyanide "getters," kill a lot of sheep every year, but nothing like this.

This creature is a traveler, and it is not always alone, though its companion leaves a smaller track still, adding to the mystery. . . . [More at above link]

Further information.
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Some stuff gleaned from BBC News
Humans could not have encountered 'terror bird' (The most interesting thing about this is the bird itself, not whether or not come cavemen saw it)
Settlement used by Stonehenge architects found
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

Jesus Prime wrote:Some stuff gleaned from BBC News
Humans could not have encountered 'terror bird' (The most interesting thing about this is the bird itself, not whether or not come cavemen saw it)
What a gyp
Hodgson
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by Hodgson »

Jesus Prime wrote:
Hodgson wrote:A Montana Wolf Mystery & the Fury it Breeds
By Hal Herring, 3-29-06

Further information.
In a comment on the story at the Caspar Star Tribune, one reader suggests that the creature might be this: http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/sire ... hunka.html
Hodgson
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by Hodgson »

The above mythos news has now been updated to ToD's main page.
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Noticed that, nice work.