The Temple of Dagon focuses on the work of Howard Phillips Lovecraft, as well as those who have been inspired by him.
Who was H. P. Lovecraft?
Howard Phillips Lovecraft (1890-1937) is considered by many to be the father of modern horror and supernatural fiction. Some of his more well known creations include the Great Old One Cthulhu, and the feared and fabled book of the occult, the Necronomicon. While these names are known by many, they are only a very small part of Lovecraft’s work. Throughout the years H. P. Lovecraft has continued to increase in popularity and his work has inspired countless writers, artists, musicians, and filmmakers.
What will I find on this site?
Here are some of the key sections:
- News and reviews of Lovecraftian books, movies, music, and more.
- Works by modern-day writers and artists of the Cthulhu Mythos.
- Information and resources on Lovecraft and the Mythos itself.
- Interviews with those involved with various Lovecraftian projects.
- The Cthulhu Mythos forums - Discuss Lovecraft and the Mythos
- The Public Archives - Submit your own work for online display.
Finding out more
Now that you have a basic idea of what this site has to offer, feel free to take a look around. If you have any questions you can take a look at the F.A.Q., post a message in the forums, or contact me directly. Enjoy the site!