"Fascinating Things I Find Online"

General Topics and Introductions

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

that thing scares the shit out of me :(
Jesus Prime wrote:Good point. You sexy beast, you.
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

lol Damn Cthulhu Evangelicals
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Seen if before. :P
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

* The word "smegma" is one of the most popular words searched for on the World Wide Web. According to a report of the DICT development group [6], which runs dictionary servers on the Internet, in a several-month period in which over 3 million requests for definitions of words were submitted to their servers, of 100,000 words requested and found in their dictionaries, "smegma" was number 180 in frequency or popularity, i.e. it was in the upper one-fifth of one percent in popularity.
* "Smegma" is one of relatively few words in the English language that have this "__gma" structure: others are magma, bregma, stigma, zeugma, pragma, sigma, enigma, and dogma. It is also one of the few English words referring to aspects of human genitalia that are ultimately of Greek form and origin, rather than Latin.
* One Monty Python's Flying Circus sketch featured a character called "Mrs. B. J. Smegma".
* On their comedy album How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You're Not Anywhere at All, The Firesign Theatre referred to immigrants who came "from little towns with strange names like Smegma, Spasmodic, Frog, and the far-flung Isles of Langerhans".
* There is an experimental music group called "Smegma" that has recorded and performed from 1976 through the present day.
* There is a satire musical group called "Mega Smegma" based in Tampa, FL that has recorded and released two CDs.
* "Smegma Doodle Dandy" is also an experimental artist that has been recording music since 2002. He is also a returning panelist on the prerecorded Internet radio show "PoliDicks".
* In Red Dwarf, a popular British sci-fi sitcom, a common insult/adjective used was "smeg", apparently derived from smegma, although the creators Grant Naylor claim this is merely a coincidence. The etymology of the slang term "smeg" (outside of Red Dwarf) has been directly traced back to the scientific term "smegma".
* Richard Cheese of "Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine", a jazz/lounge cover group, also refers in slang to "smegma" in his pseudonym—"Richard Cheese" can be shortened to "dick cheese".
* In The Bad Art Collection by Jhonen Vasquez, an intermediary panel, presumably from the Point of view of the author, reads "Can't you see I'm sick?! Help me!! I'm not really happy!! My mind is turning into smegma!"
* In the English language, slang terms for smegma tend to focus on its alleged resemblance (and similar smell) to a dairy product, hence helmet-dale, bell-end brie, organzola, dick cheese, knobcheese, cottage shaft cheese, dick butter, shaft yogurt, bell cheese, bell cheddar, man cheese, helmet cheese, and fumunda(from-under) cheese. This association is echoed in the German slang words Pimmelkäse and Nillekäs (or Nillekehs), whilst in the Philippines, the term kupal is used, and the Japanese say chinko shigoto; the literal translation being dick job.
* In the 1981 film "The Road Warrior"(aka "Mad Max 2"), starring Mel Gibson, the "Smegma Crazies" are one part of the "Humungus's" army. (Another part is called the "Gayboy Berserkers").
* The Progressive rock band Phish also refers to smegma in their song "Stash" found on the Picture of Nectar album.
* Characters appearing in Irvine Welsh novels refer to smegma numerous times, often guessing or assuming that a disliked character has a cheesy dick.
* There is a band from the Netherlands called Rectal Smegma.
* The band Morbid Chid released the album SMEGGING ON YOUR ANUS in 2004 and later released SMEG: SEGA MASTER EMULATOR FOR DREAMCAST in 2005.
* Mrs Smegma is the name of the owner of the pension where Bill Bryson stays in 1973 in Dover, EN, in "Notes from a small Island"
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

Dude you gots way to much time on your hands
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

And I love every wasted moment :D
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

Its about damn time!
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

odin2
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by odin2 »

decadence wrote:And I love every wasted moment :D
AMEN BROTHER!!
"I'm farther from doing what I want to do than I was 20 years ago"
~~H.P.Lovecraft~~
IMDB wrote: in the event of a zombie apocalypse, or the return of Cthulu, be near a Wal-Mart!
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »