The Eldritch Gazette June/July Issue is now Officialy Out!

The Online Lovecraftian monthly Magazine

Moderators: mgmirkin, EG_Administration, Moderators

EG_Administration
Librarian
Librarian

The Eldritch Gazette June/July Issue is now Officialy Out!

Post by EG_Administration »

The June/July Special Edition of The Eldritch Gazette is now Officialy Online!

Tekeli-li!

Click here( http://www.angelfire.com/planet/eg_june ... index.html) to rummage through its Furtive pages.
"Most men dream at night, to wake in the day and find that it was vanity...

But the Dreamers of the Day are dangerous men, for they may act upon their dreams."
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

howdy woodruff, and congratulations on the latest issue of the gazette! the stories in there are quite engaging. i would like to offer some extra help with the web design, if you are open for that. as an example, i could create a new version of one of the existing pages. would you be interested?
A monkey riding a dog is probably the awesomest thing that could ever happen.
Contributors wanted! Fantastic Horror — Original Works of Disturbing Imagination
EG_Administration
Librarian
Librarian

JJ Burke wrote:howdy woodruff, and congratulations on the latest issue of the gazette! the stories in there are quite engaging. i would like to offer some extra help with the web design, if you are open for that. as an example, i could create a new version of one of the existing pages. would you be interested?
Ofcourse,

right now we have a domain, given to us by our gracious host Aleister, though are looking for a little help in its working. Send me the details and well talk about a demo page, then, perhaps, go from there.

Woodruff

But the Dreamers of the Day are dangerous men, for they may act upon their dreams."
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

as a basic example of what i mean, you can look at the formatting of this story. notice the text is occupying a relatively narrow area of the screen, to make reading more comfortable. more visual appeal could be added with colors, title images, whatever.

i just think the material you bring together is worthy of a more crafted presentation. i'm sure the contributing authors would appreciate it too
Contributors wanted! Fantastic Horror — Original Works of Disturbing Imagination
EG_Administration
Librarian
Librarian

JJ Burke wrote:as a basic example of what i mean, you can look at the formatting of this story. notice the text is occupying a relatively narrow area of the screen, to make reading more comfortable. more visual appeal could be added with colors, title images, whatever.

i just think the material you bring together is worthy of a more crafted presentation. i'm sure the contributing authors would appreciate it too
see, i like that lay out very much. sadly, my knowledge with html is very limited so i dont know how to pull of that affect. Perhaps a webdesigner would due. In the midst of things, I've been looking into the idea of having the domain aleister has proveded for us designed by someone for hire, if i cannot find anyone willing to do it for free.

but, nothing is truley free, so it is as expected.

Woodruff

JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

dude! free is what i'm offering. i'm just trying to make a contribution to the community. i'll get back to you with a fixed-up version of an existing EG page. nothing fancy so, it won't compete with the writing
EG_Administration
Librarian
Librarian

JJ Burke wrote:dude! free is what i'm offering. i'm just trying to make a contribution to the community. i'll get back to you with a fixed-up version of an existing EG page. nothing fancy so, it won't compete with the writing
awesome. send me the link when ever its finished. Ill be out of touch for a few days (moving this coming thursday, ;).

Woodruff

Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

hey woodruff, ive made a Lovecraft themed evil band, and when we get some songs up online, we wanna know if you can put them in whatever Issue is coming out when we post them.
EG_Administration
Librarian
Librarian

Yog-Sothoth wrote:hey woodruff, ive made a Lovecraft themed evil band, and when we get some songs up online, we wanna know if you can put them in whatever Issue is coming out when we post them.
Hey, imup for listening. Just let me know when ever you post the songs, and Ill get to you after im finished with them.

Woodruff

JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

i started adapting the june/july issue to the format i showed you. there isn't much done, but you can get the idea:

http://home.earthlink.net/~phooeyptooey/EldritchGazette

it's kind of minimalist right now, so you might like to incorporate more graphics or colors or whatever. let me know what you think, and whether you want me to finish the rest of the pages like this, or just wait for the next issue, or what
EG_Administration
Librarian
Librarian

JJ Burke wrote:i started adapting the june/july issue to the format i showed you. there isn't much done, but you can get the idea:

http://home.earthlink.net/~phooeyptooey/EldritchGazette

it's kind of minimalist right now, so you might like to incorporate more graphics or colors or whatever. let me know what you think, and whether you want me to finish the rest of the pages like this, or just wait for the next issue, or what
that looks excellent, actually. Really, I have no problem with the color. Perhaps a little colder, if you no what I mean, but the lay out is quite fine. Good spacing on the paragraphs, as well as the font and word size. I would incorporate the Issue cover art on the index page, ofcourse, but speaking in retrospect, thats the lay out that were interested in.

think you can do this sort of thing every month? ;)

Woodruff

JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

sure, just send me the content, and i'll fit it into the layout for you. do you have a plan for the next issue yet?
EG_Administration
Librarian
Librarian

i'll have some material to you in about a week or so. the next issue is going to touch the subject of "Lovecraftian Erotica" and in finding the connection between the two.

Woodruff

JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

sounds like a challenging project. i've heard them described as oil and water (can't be mixed), but i guess we'll see. you know where to find me when you're ready
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

JJ Burke wrote:sounds like a challenging project. i've heard them described as oil and water (can't be mixed), but i guess we'll see. you know where to find me when you're ready
ive mixed oil and water, buy you just need to dilute the water with either Maple Syrup or more Oil.