featured -- check it out, and exclusive too

Discuss your work, and the work of the contributors to the Temple.

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

featured -- check it out, and exclusive too

Post by NickolausPacione »

Check out this magazine since I got a story published in it -- the story is never before published anywhere, and those of you who are in Europe, this magazine is distributed in the UK so it would be easy to get for you guys if you go to the underground clubs. Andrew you should send something to these guys down the road.

They publish a lot of American Horror writers, and the story being published I wrote is a science ficiton / horror story combining the old school supernatural horror elements with the newer natural disaster science fiction that I've been writing lately. The magazine can be picked up on http://www.insomniamagazine.net -- the magazine was announced the moment that he said that the issue I was featured in was the final one. The previous issues featured Charles O'Connor III and the mag that the editor helmed before it had a story of mine -- seen on The Alchemy Post.

That magazine was Dark of Night, the editor went on to publish this magazine and it is much more improved with the way it is done, and I will be one of the writers featured in there plus there will be a column by horror actress, Suzi Lorraine. So damn this is going to be nuts if you ask me because there is a heavy metal band's vocalist doing a column too for this magazine.

Not only I am being published in this mag, I get mentioned by Gashley Darcane for their coverage on Redemption TV. I was interviewed by her on September 17th, 2005, during Gothicfest in Villa Park, Illinois. It was my third interview as a published author. This is combined with the appearence in RAGE M a c h i n e Magazine and soon to have the novella coming out from Naked Snake Press.

The new story itself would be something that is a combination of Dr. Michael Crichton and Algernon Blackwood in the delivery. So you can go pick that up right now on the actual website and they got subscriptions available of the website, Goth, Horror, Sleaze, Metal, and Industrial are the subcultures they cover in this one. There will be a CD enclosed with the magazine featuring a few bands on it including T3chn0ph0b1a, and instrustrial metal outfit from Italy that just kicks ass -- science fiction themed lyrics.

It won't be a Cthulhu Mythos story but hell it will pack some balls behind it, it was rejected from Punk Horror but it was picked up by these guys. The story revolves around a young couple in Lake County who just move into a house, but not knowing what happened there. The elements of horror creep into the story when they get some odd packages including a scrapbook and a video cassette. This is where the frights begin, the people who haunt the place were people who previously lived there but perished in a tornado.

This is the cover of RAGE M a c h i n e Magazine: Issue Four and this will be available on fictionwise.com (my fictionwise debute.) I am looking at this right now and waited since December 2005, for this one -- so you will see In The Eyes Of A Skull over there too as well as on FictionPress.com. It is pretty damn cool that I am on this, and not only that -- Ken Goldman went from there and my publications to being on Arkham House. I am very pleased to have two stories coming out in July -- one previously released and one brand motherfucking new. This. is. FUCKING. HUGE!
Online Publishing Company of Cthulhu Mythos Writer, NICKOLAUS A. PACIONE. Dirty Black Winter is out now the career spanding collection. An Eye In Shadows is available on Amazon.com and Lulu.com.
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Why do I recognise the chick on the first cover?
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

Ask the editor, because he knows who she is. I am trying to figure that one out myself but I will find out when I get my copy of the mag.
Online Publishing Company of Cthulhu Mythos Writer, NICKOLAUS A. PACIONE. Dirty Black Winter is out now the career spanding collection. An Eye In Shadows is available on Amazon.com and Lulu.com.
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

I swear to God, she looks too familiar. Is she from my neck of the woods?
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

You might know her? Damn -- I am finding out who she is when I get my copy stateside. Already there are going to be a few stateside sales because a lot of people want to read that new story.
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

I don't know, I recongise her from somewhere.
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

Her name is Tragic Wrath. I found out from Mark on findagoth.com. I figured I would find that information for you to see if you might know her from somewhere.
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Nope, doesn't ring a bell. Must have seen her on teevee or an ad somewhere. My memory is like a seamless tapestry of pictures with no real timeline or any real sense of place.
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

goth names are hilarious
A monkey riding a dog is probably the awesomest thing that could ever happen.
Contributors wanted! Fantastic Horror — Original Works of Disturbing Imagination
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

Heeheehee -- and people ask me if I changed my name to become more gothic, nope. I was one of the lucky bastards in that sense because there are not many with my first name. I am also going to be published with a science fiction story on http://www.specficworld.com too which is not posted yet because I am still waiting on the contract too. That means I could be a canidate for the years best fantasy and science fiction anthology for 2007, or even The Best of the Rest. It is kind of funny -- I started out writing Cthulhu Mythos then I went on to write different kinds of Science Fiction and Horror. The first science fiction story is now a cult favorite but at the same time it is the bane of horror-web.com along with the anthology it was published in. The short story is titled Lake Fossil. It's sequel got published on the website, http://www.horrormasters.com -- the third one is found on my collection The Writings Collected: Volume Two and as a novella by itself.
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

It's an unusuall spelling of the name, is it an ethnic variant?
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

It is a Greek spelling. Very common in the Mediterian countries as Greece and Italy. My great-grandfather was Nickola. My mother added the other part on it. It is an ethnic variant. It would not of worked if my stepfather adopted me.
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Ah, right. Makes sense.
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

This gets even better -- I got a novella coming out in a few days on Naked Snake Press and this is a combination of the Cthulhu Mythos meets Dracula. The novella is co-penned by Barbara Marjanovic and we're going to be on the bill with an unknown illustrator named Rachael Hurst who did a killer job on it. I will be giving more information on this when we get more updates. The illustrations capture the horrors in the story to the core, the character is a bit influenced by the Doc Savage novels.
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Naked Snake? Is it run by Metal Gear Solid fans, by any chance?