Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by lala »

Howdy! A new mudder here.
NullandVoid
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by NullandVoid »

I play, as of 2 nights ago.

My character is Simon Coffin (or rather Simoncoffin because I couldn't use spaces for some reason.) (BTW, Simon Coffin is my longest lived pen and paper Call of Cthulhu character.)

Simon is an aspiring artist from Kingsport attending classes at Miskatonic University and feeling a bit out of place in the waking world. (And undergrad aiming for Artist, in other words)

Very fun, so far... and I am also brand new to MUDding (Though I was on a MUSH decades ago for a couple weeks, until it folded. Never gotten back into it until now.)
Raymond
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Raymond »

Welcome in! :-D
We will all diiiiiiiiiiiiiee! *goes catatonic*
Furu
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Furu »

I have been on for long periods of time and have seen two people.

Good game though.
Quanqued
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Quanqued »

Must be missing the others then. We usually get just shy of 10 every day as our max. Still small granted. One of these days I'll allocate a budget for advertising again :)
~Quanqued

=============================
- "Who says mortality can't be overcome?"
- "Well yeah, the trick is avoiding the death part."

For more prompt responses, please use the in-game boards, or email: cthulhumud@foxpaws.net
Gahim
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Gahim »

Just registered here. I've lurked a couple times, just seeing if there were any hints or tips...

I've played cthulhumud for at least 10 years now, off and on. This is my second long-term character.

I've never actually read any Lovecraft, I just always liked the prof/skill system and the quests and secrets and atmosphere of the mud.
Ian Whateley
Occultist
Occultist

Post by Ian Whateley »

I'm new to the game, and also the forum. I actually started the forums first, because, although I wanted to play this game for a while, I wasn't sure how to do it without installing a MUD client (which, having never played a MUD before, I neither wanted to do nor was skilled at doing). Then I cruised into the forums because the idea of Mythos forums excited me a bit, and along the way saw advice on how to play through telnet.

It is my opinion that anyone who hasn't read Lovecraft has missed out on one of the ten greatest authors who ever lived, so...I'm pretty much hooked on this game for better or worse, after the Lovecraftian MMORPG I used to play, Cthulhu Nation, became a subscription game.
Raymond
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Raymond »

Welcome on board Ian :)

If you want a MUD client that does not need an installation, you could do like me. I use the old version of Zmud (3.62) and since it requires no installation, I just carry it around in a pendrive and can enter CthulhuMUD from any PC with open telnet.
Raymond
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Raymond »

Hello people! If some of you wonder why I'm not showing up lately, it's that I'm stuck in an internet-less residence quite far from home and from any sign of human activity such as lan houses. Now i do know what cthulhu feels when the stars are not right and he's sunken in R'lyeh. When worktime ends, there's really not much to do but sleep - or read a book, Necronomicon anyone? :) See you soon!
-Ray