Preparing A Mock Necronomicon for A Gift for My Boyfriend?

Music, Art, Movies - Let us know!

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

Raveanya
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Preparing A Mock Necronomicon for A Gift for My Boyfriend?

Post by Raveanya »

Hello fellow Eldritch Horror fans!
I've been scouring the internet for some ideas for my boyfriend's birthday/Christmas present (If I don't finish it before his birthday on the 18th of December I'll make it his christmas gift.) I decided I wanted to draw the Cthulhu Mythos family tree (An interpretation of each God/Monstrocity in the line) I was trying to figure out the best way to present it and style to draw it in and it came to me "I'll make it as if it were pages from the Necronomicon!"

Now this is where I'm stuck.
I've run dry for cover ideas for the Necronomicon because I want to make it as close to cannon as possible. I've searched for hours and can't find a description of it from Lovecraft's works. Does one exist? Perhaps from his letters? I know a lot of the Gods aren't described so I'll have to interpret them by vague descriptions and my own imagination but I was really hoping there was a cover description or an idea of what it would look like.

I've seen the dried skin-face ones but for some reason that just doesn't sit well with me. Is that the actual description or a popularized fan interpretation? I doubt it would actually say "Necronomicon" on the cover either... is there any actual description of it? Does anyone know?

Thanks so much!
~Raveanya :cthulhu1: