which is great for trail running in my opinion

Need writing advice? Want to share works in progress? Look here!

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

tgfreio1170
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

which is great for trail running in my opinion

Post by tgfreio1170 »

Having run in the adidas Energy Boost shoe Nike Free 5.0 Online Shop myself a few times I also wonder if there is a certain thickness of midsole material required to provide any actual benefit. The Energy Boost has about 9-10mm more material under the heel than under the forefoot. As someone who doesn’t load my heels much when I run, the Boost did not feel all that different to me than a typical EVA shoe. But, if I forced a more pronounced heel strike I could really feel the bounciness that the Boost material provides (you can also feel it when walking in the shoes). My suspicion is Nike Free 5.0 Dame that there is simply not enough Boost under the forefoot to provide a meaningful benefit. An Altra Torin or Hoka style Boost shoe would be an interesting thing to try!

These shoes are still considered “minimalistic� because they have a lower heel to toe ratio even if they are ultra cushioned which is great for trail running in my opinion.. Barefoot style shoes offer little to no cushioning. I prefer minimalistic cushioned shoes because they are better for forefoot striking which is a more efficient way to run compared to heel striking.i’d have to disagree with the minimalist claim, they may be relatively low stack heights or drops…but imo have way too much to be considered as such as for forefoot striking and whatnot, striking should be avoided, don’t like the focuses of fore, middle, and heel striking when it should be about points of contact

Hope you found this helpful – I’ll probably add to this list as new shoes find their way into my house. I’d also encourage you to give this a try yourself, and feel free to report numbers for your shoes in the comments. If you have any of the shoes that Nike Free 5.0 herre I measured, I’d be interested to see how your measurements compare.