Temple of Dagon author published in two places coming up

Discuss your work, and the work of the contributors to the Temple.

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

Temple of Dagon author published in two places coming up

Post by NickolausPacione »

I am pleased to announce that two of my stories got placed in a few magazines -- the one is coming out in March 2007, but if you want to read one of my stories right now online go to the The Alchemy Post. This story published is in the vein of August Derleth's The Dark Boy. I am trying to live up to the comparison that April Derleth herself gave me -- the hybrid of H.P. Lovecraft and August Derleth. So I picked up New England Ghosts which features her father's story in it. As a result of that, I wrote the story The Hitchhiker's Wanderings. Then I got one more coming out in September and this is the biggest damned story I wrote to date. The sequel to HOUSE OF SPIDERS with Barbara Marjanovic.

The novella is a mix between the Mythos and Dracula, meaning the spiders will have a Mythos and Dracula origin. They started out by drinking Dracula's blood then from there they were offered up to the Great Old Ones. Donna Burgess was impressed enough to make me part of the Roster -- not only me but she's also getting Barbara Anna Marjanvoic. The stories on Temple of Dagon are dark but this upcoming story is my most hardcore to date, you want the high octane Stephen King style horror -- you're going to get your fix in that style of horror. You got two writers influenced by King, then one influenced by Poe and another influenced by H.P. Lovecraft so put that together you would have the most hellish story in the small press.

The other story that is being published is going to be found in TALES OF THE TALISMAN magazine, the story I wrote for that one is going to be exclusive. Titled THE TYPEWRITER. That one is a ghost story which I got part of the inspiration from living in my new apartment in Justice, Illinois. I also wrote a Sci-Fi story too titled FLYING CIGARS which is a UFO one, I am going to record this one eventually but my room mates are going to help me do this one. I am auditioning heavy metal bands who have a sci-fi background for this. I will be due to write a Mythos story later in the year again and will be exclusive to this website, just trying to do all the draftwork for it. My true story Observations Of An Abandoned Seminary will be appearing in Tales of the Talisman too, next month it will be hitting the streets. House of Spiders 3 will pick up right where the first two stories leave off, I am also doing a contest for LAKE FOSSIL for those who do write fan fiction they can do some for the series. There will be an entry fee for the contest though, that will cover the funds for the anthology that will happen in September.
Last edited by NickolausPacione on Tue May 16, 2006 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Online Publishing Company of Cthulhu Mythos Writer, NICKOLAUS A. PACIONE. Dirty Black Winter is out now the career spanding collection. An Eye In Shadows is available on Amazon.com and Lulu.com.
Carmine Doll
Occultist
Occultist

Post by Carmine Doll »

Oh cool!!!

I like your story!!!

Have you thought about a book?

I bet if you did do a book, you would have a
lot of people wanting to read your stories :P
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

I actually got a short story collection out, Collectives In A Forsaken Landscape. Then a few anthologies too you can check that out on Lake Fossil Press. The short story collection, Collectives, I personally illustrated and included photographs. I am planning a Ghost story anthology for the Midwest. I got a true ghost story posted on my group, Web Of Horror. I don't own the group, but I am one of the moderators been moderating the group for a few years. My other books are on the site too -- I got a science fiction collection out now too, been writing more science fiction these days but I will always write horror.
Online Publishing Company of Cthulhu Mythos Writer, NICKOLAUS A. PACIONE. Dirty Black Winter is out now the career spanding collection. An Eye In Shadows is available on Amazon.com and Lulu.com.
Carmine Doll
Occultist
Occultist

Post by Carmine Doll »

:-D :-D

I will love to buy one of your books!!

I am very interested in reading more
of your stories!!! :wink: :wink:
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Great to hear it, man, it'll no doubt lead to bigger things once you've got your foot well and truly through the door.
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

i'll drink to that
A monkey riding a dog is probably the awesomest thing that could ever happen.
Contributors wanted! Fantastic Horror — Original Works of Disturbing Imagination
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Drink!? Who's got drink!?
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

Carmine -- there are stories I wrote that are downright heavy and they are compared to a mechanized panzer assault. The one story you want to look into from me is a hard cyberpunk story that I wrote which I say is my darkest by far. There is a chapbook you would be game for if you like my more recent check out Storms of Armageddon.
Carmine Doll
Occultist
Occultist

Post by Carmine Doll »

Thanks I'll look into it!!!!
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

NickolausPacione wrote:there are stories I wrote that are downright heavy and they are compared to a mechanized panzer assault.
åçhtüñg! sçhñëll! SÇHÑËLL!!!!!!
farfegnugen!
A monkey riding a dog is probably the awesomest thing that could ever happen.
Contributors wanted! Fantastic Horror — Original Works of Disturbing Imagination
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Nicht nachtschwimmen.
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

Then exclusively in print is Bite of the Spider on Reality Check: An Anthology Of Horror. This story was actually commended by April the day I got published which happened to be my 28th Birthday. I will be slated to appear on RAGE MACHINE MAGAZINE this month but don't know when the e-mag hits the streets. The story is found on FictionPress if you want to read it for free. Bite of the Spider is the first story in a series of stories called House of Spiders -- you can look for House of Spiders 3 on NAKED SNAKE PRESS in September which is co-written by Barbara Marjanovic.
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

Bravo, when you get big and rich, tell em the Temple Of Dagon is where yougot discovered!
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Is that Senor Cthulhugage?
odin2
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by odin2 »

Senor Cthulhugage?!?!
"I'm farther from doing what I want to do than I was 20 years ago"
~~H.P.Lovecraft~~
IMDB wrote: in the event of a zombie apocalypse, or the return of Cthulu, be near a Wal-Mart!