Deathtrap on Devil's Reef

CthulhuMud Discussion

Moderators: mgmirkin, Bast, Quanqued, Moderators

Shaggthutal
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Deathtrap on Devil's Reef

Post by Shaggthutal »

The respawn point in the caverns of the Devil's Reef is a deathtrap. There are swordfish swarming around the Devil's Reef, that kill you with about two hits, if you are low on level. You need about 400 HPs to escape from there alive, because if you die, you will be respawned inside Devil's Reef and ther is no other escape than down, and that way leads through the swordfish, which will kill you and you will respawn in the caverns... Somebody should remove the respawn point from there.
Blargh
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Blargh »

I would agree that's a terrible position for you. But if you can't survive around there, it's possible that you strayed into an area that is a little tougher than ideal for you without realising. Not to offend, but a claim of "Somebody should remove the respawn point" might be a little over the top.
Anyhow, many players would not mind assissting you to get out of there...you just might want to steer clear of dying in an area that'll spawn you there for now.

And yes, I do realise this response may be longer than it needed to be. :)
END COMMUNICATION!
Shaggthutal
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Shaggthutal »

It is true, I am too weak for that place, but what if I want to make a map for myself? I need to explore the world myself. Nobody told me about those creatures. Nobody told me about the areas where I shouldn't go. Don't remove the respawn point then, but there should be a warning sign, or somebody who could tell about this.
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Well a long time ago, there was this little thing called the Leviathan. Very close to the starting area. He was kind of mean ;)

Things are much easier these days.
Blargh
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Blargh »

I do recall when the enchanted woods were updated last, one room ended up taking you to the Von Ricknor area (not sure if it was by was by just entering, or by recalling), but *that* was a deathtrap for lower levels. There are aggressive mobs down there, as well as non-aggresive mobs that land 425 per hit up to four times a round.
END COMMUNICATION!
Hubris
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Hubris »

Heh. I remember that. Made a right mess out of me :-)
Klethmat
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Klethmat »

Gratitude to everyone who helped me out of that place.
Last edited by Klethmat on Thu May 25, 2006 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God's absent from his heaven, nothing's right with the world.
Blargh
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Blargh »

That's a good thing about the mud, there's generally somebody willing to help you out of a tricky situation... We were all small once.
END COMMUNICATION!