"Give Your Mind An Orgasm - Serious Topic"

General Topics and Introductions

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

"Give Your Mind An Orgasm - Serious Topic"

Post by decadence »

Alright. I have this friend. This friend watches films that really make a person think about shit. Well, last night, he made me watch something called 'What the Bleep Do We Know?"

I am not the kinda guy who has epihpanies often. This movie fucking stood my entire worldview on its ass. It's part documentary, and part fictional story dealing with the documentary side of a the film, about astro-physics. Leave the black holes and Stephen Hawking at the fucking door mang, this shit will blow your fucking mind!

from the site:

The original storyline, which follows the journey of professional photographer Amanda (played by Academy Award winning actress, Marlee Matlin) as she comes to understand the sources of her depression and slowly change her life, is slimmed down to make room for more in-depth interviews with sixteen of the world’s top physicists, engineers, physicians, biologists, researchers, journalists and mystics, who talk about consciousness, psi research, physics, biology, emotion and addictions.

The scientists are the stars of this movie, and there’s no forgetting it. But they, too, are human. Never does the movie elevate them and their information as above ordinary human understanding. Indeed, the movie’s power and magic lies in the fact that it really makes us understand how human beings are connected to each other - to the whole universe - and how we all affect reality.

Quirky animation highlights much of the film, introducing highly complex scientific concepts in a simple, understandable way. Done with humor, precision, and irreverence, these scenes are only part of what makes this director’s cut unique in the history of cinema, and another true winner.

Here is the trailer for the film:

http://www.bleepspace.com/video/trailer ... 40x480.wmv

This movie is hard to find. I went to BEST BUY and they didn't have it, but you can most likely find it for free checkout at a local library, as this is an educational thing, or order it online. If you like to think 'outside the box', this movie will truly flip yer fakkin noodle!
odin2
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by odin2 »

Yes this movie is GREAT!!
I got it from my library and watched it....and Wow...
"I'm farther from doing what I want to do than I was 20 years ago"
~~H.P.Lovecraft~~
IMDB wrote: in the event of a zombie apocalypse, or the return of Cthulu, be near a Wal-Mart!
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

libraries are great. it's so easy to sneak out of there without paying for books.. i know what you're thinking, but it's ok, because i bring them back after a while. see, i do it more for the thrill, the risk of getting caught

man
A monkey riding a dog is probably the awesomest thing that could ever happen.
Contributors wanted! Fantastic Horror — Original Works of Disturbing Imagination
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

JJ: rofl

I will have to check out the movie :)
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

JJ Burke wrote:libraries are great. it's so easy to sneak out of there without paying for books.. i know what you're thinking, but it's ok, because i bring them back after a while. see, i do it more for the thrill, the risk of getting caught

man
Al may or may not recall, but i have tons of hardback star wars novels from our local library, still to this day :twisted:
Jehar
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Jehar »

The first third was very good, but as it went on, I think they lost the focus of "We don't know anything", and shifted to actually trying to sell their own beliefs. After a while, it really became a chore to dilute the actual ideas from the speakers beliefs.

Whether or not I agree with them is a non-issue. Rather, I would have appreciated more observation and less speculation.