H.P. Lovecraft Complete Anthology?

Lovecraft and the other authors of the Mythos

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

"The Ancient Track" is a good one to have.
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
Razakel
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Razakel »

As of right now I have Blood Curdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre, The Road to Madness, The Tomb and At the Mountains of Madness. 3 of those books I found in one bookstore. Luckly for me the owner is a huge HPL fan and had one more of one and another of one I already had. Unfortunately I'd probably have to find the rest online.
Ian Whateley
Occultist
Occultist

Post by Ian Whateley »

I wish someone would print a whole collection-I'd buy it. They could just call it something like "The Necronomicon, Volume 2".
wilum pugmire
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by wilum pugmire »

Barnes & Noble has recently released H. P. LOVECRAFT -- THE FICTION, COMPLETE AND UNABRIDGED as a one volume hardcover edited by S. T. Joshi. It publishes a tale he wrote in early childhood for the first time. It has EVERYTHING in fiction that he wrote on his own, including the fragments AND the early discarded draft of "The Shadow over Innsmouth"!!! It's fucking amazing, this book -- BUT THE DAMN COPY EDITOR INTRODUCED A LOT OF TYPOS!!!!!! Hopefully the misprints will be corrected in future editions. It sucks that S. T. worked so hard to get near-perfect texts, and then some copy editor fucks it up. Still, the book is amazing, it's a sturdy hardcover and it's only $12.95!!!!!!! Find it in Barnes & Noble's bargain section. Every story has a wee introductory note by S. T. Also includes the essay, "Supernatural Horror in Literature"!!!!!!!!!!
There was no hand to hold me back
That night I found ye Antient Track
Aburame_Shino
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Aburame_Shino »

Yeah, I just got the B&N book. I about passed out when I saw that it was $13. Aside from the typos, it is awesome. I would be farther if CthuluTech hadn't distracted me.

After I finish it I want to look for a book of his letters, essays, poems, etc.
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

introduced typos? how, with faulty OCR scanning? did they have some poor slob actually hand-type everything for the book?

man, that's a drag.

i got the B&N poe collection for christmas... haven't found any typos yet, but now i'll be scouring for them
A monkey riding a dog is probably the awesomest thing that could ever happen.
Contributors wanted! Fantastic Horror — Original Works of Disturbing Imagination
Wingate Peaslee
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Wingate Peaslee »

the three st joshi collections "call of chtulhu and other weird stories" "dreams in the witch house" and "the thing on the doorstep" and a wordsworth edition called "the loved dead" covers almost everything and all for pretty cheap.
odin2
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by odin2 »

Sold out online.....People want $40 for a used copy.
"I'm farther from doing what I want to do than I was 20 years ago"
~~H.P.Lovecraft~~
IMDB wrote: in the event of a zombie apocalypse, or the return of Cthulu, be near a Wal-Mart!
tsathoggua
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by tsathoggua »

I got an ex-library copy for 20cents NZ thats about 11cents to you yanks
"If the eye could perceive the demons that people the universe, existence would be impossible. The demons are more numerous than we are."
odin2
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by odin2 »

Can't get another can you?
"I'm farther from doing what I want to do than I was 20 years ago"
~~H.P.Lovecraft~~
IMDB wrote: in the event of a zombie apocalypse, or the return of Cthulu, be near a Wal-Mart!
JeremyLangford
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by JeremyLangford »

I am also wanting to purchase a complete anthology and I would prefer hardback. From what I understand, the Barnes and Noble book "The Fiction: Complete And Unabridged" should definitely be purchased to gain all of the fiction in one hardback book right? "The Ancient Track: The Complete Poetical Works of H. P. Lovecraft" seems like the next book to buy because it contains all of the poetry in one hardback book right? If these are the best two books to buy, how much would be left after purchasing them? Just the letters and essays?
healer
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by healer »

It's all gone! :cry:
Join the Healer Blog (https://healerblog.tumblr.com/) to get the latest news about health issues that matter to men.