The Descendant

Official forum for Unfilmable.com - film adaptations of H P Lovecraft

Moderators: mgmirkin, Pickman, Moderators

shonokin
Neophyte
Neophyte

The Descendant

Post by shonokin »

AKA Bleeders based on The Lurking Fear...
this happened to be on some cable channel last weekend. I was expecting the worst so wound up being surprized at the reasonably high production values and decent acting. I'm surprized this gets slagged so much since it is easily as good as any of the shlock that Stuart Gordon kicks out (excepting Dreams in the Witch House which was surprizingly good as well).
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

hmm.. i have seen this in video stores. imdb.com lists it as Bleeders (1997). might check it out now, thanks
E.A. Lovecraft
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by E.A. Lovecraft »

Well a reviewer at IMDB made this insightful and eloquent comment about it:

"If you like inbreeding, and you like blood, and you like people getting their @ss' killed, you HAVE to see this movie! It is the total shizznit H-BOMB! It will blow you away while you're still in your seat! IMAGINE!"

Tough to pass up a rating like that.
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

you can say that again!
shonokin
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by shonokin »

I bet Granpa himself woulda put it just like that.

So if you pick it up keep in mind it is *extremely loosly* based on The Lurking Fear. And it's not a great movie, but it's not bad. I was just surprized the production values were pretty high. Reminds me a bit of a Charles Band movie... sorta like in the Castle Freak range but with maybe better cinematography than you'd get with a Full Moon flick.
odin2
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by odin2 »

E.A. Lovecraft wrote:
"If you like inbreeding, and you like blood, and you like people getting their @ss' killed, you HAVE to see this movie! It is the total shizznit H-BOMB! It will blow you away while you're still in your seat! IMAGINE!"

Wow sounds like some ones a poet. lol :P
E.A. Lovecraft
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by E.A. Lovecraft »

For some reason, I can hear George W. Bush speaking that quote at an impromptu press call.