PK Arena!!!

CthulhuMud Discussion

Moderators: mgmirkin, Bast, Quanqued, Moderators

ramjack
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

PK Arena!!!

Post by ramjack »

I posted this a few days ago at the Suggestion but did not get any feedback so i thought i'd post it here, hope you dont mind.

How about creating an area or areas where Players can PK each other to all their hearts content without fear of being banned or something. Such areas will be governed by rules of course. Like areas for specific range of levels. It could be a simple arena type room for one-one-combat or a large Quake/Half-life type maze where players can respawn after they are killed. Players can gain or loose XP, and even equipments based on the rules set on a given area. Rules can be set very tight where players can only gain or lose XP, areas will be available to specific levels, or a no-holds barred arenas. Such areas may satisfy some players cravings for competions. Immortals can even sponsor scheduled tournaments and give prices and trophys and keep track of who's the best among the best!!! Just a suggestion. Thanks.
Quanqued
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Quanqued »

Players can already PK each other to their heart's content. All you need to do is bring in several people willing to go at it. There is also the boxing arena, which will transfer around the boxing title and doesn't result in deaths.

In terms of actually creating the environment you're looking at, we'd have to change how large portions of the code work for specific areas. While we'll keep the idea under consideration (in fact, I built something similar before the mud changed owners a few years back), we're focusing more on CMFX, building code, and bug cleanup.
~Quanqued

=============================
- "Who says mortality can't be overcome?"
- "Well yeah, the trick is avoiding the death part."

For more prompt responses, please use the in-game boards, or email: cthulhumud@foxpaws.net