A collaboration?

Need writing advice? Want to share works in progress? Look here!

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

Badass
Jesus Prime wrote:Good point. You sexy beast, you.
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
Grendelvs
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Grendelvs »

neat. Star Jelly is the colour out of space.
Last edited by Grendelvs on Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

remember the local legend contest from last year?

pino's idea has plenty of flexibility, offering each of us a chance to do something unique to our regions and interests, while at the same time feeding into a central premise.

but here's the beauty part: the central premise is too far-reaching and mysterious for any of us to really comprehend. only through our collective effort are we able to capture hints of details that threaten to mean something if studied too persistently. it's perfectly lovecraftian!

towards the end, when we've all contributed something (stories, prop photos or news clippings, cultish artifacts, whatever each talent dictates), we can make minor additions or adjustments that serve to emphasize the interrelation of everything.

then we package it so the temple of dagon is attributed, and bada boom, a brand new chunk of mythos is born. sell it on lulu and give the proceeds to aleister.

i mean are we just squatters here, or do we have something to give back? let's get started already
A monkey riding a dog is probably the awesomest thing that could ever happen.
Contributors wanted! Fantastic Horror — Original Works of Disturbing Imagination
Hodgson
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by Hodgson »

Well, if we're going to do this, it might be a good idea to be able to compare notes and post work in a more or less organized way: Any chance of us getting a section of the board just for this?

We could form threads for individual contributions as well as for discussions, and possible a few to organize references. I don't know how much of this we'll want or is necessary but it probably wouldn't hurt.

By the way, has anyone here read Foucault's Pendulum? It's not important, I'm just having a mild case of literary deja vu.
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

remember the local legend contest from last year?
I remeber that
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

i say whatever it takes to get the ball rolling, let's do it. i'd rather not do it and stop talking about it, than keep talking and not do it.

look at me, i'm in hysterics over here
Contributors wanted! Fantastic Horror — Original Works of Disturbing Imagination
Grendelvs
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Grendelvs »

okie dokie. we have a starting point in this...space microbe thingy?
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

a space microbe could be what your individual project is about, but the common thread of the whole effort is not such a specific thing.. at least, not in the model i was talking about.

hey, maybe we could even use already-made stuff, and just add little tweaks to fit everything together somehow. that might be the most feasible method to get through a collaboration from beginning to end.. i'm thinking back to the contest again, how some people (not naming names) never completed their entries, and how other people (not naming names) have a tendency to fizzle the momentum of discussions like this.

maybe setting our logistical sights lower will make this whole enchilada easier to chew and not leave a bad taste in one's mouth.

mixmaster metaphor
Grendelvs
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Grendelvs »

new thread, or post it here?
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

go with the new thread
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

So we're going with the idea of assembled printed media, then?
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

in the form of a doomed website, like we're saying in the other thread? i'm in..
Grendelvs
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Grendelvs »

i'm working on a page right now...it'll be a couple of days, because there'e a monstrous amount of javascript to um...disarm, i guess. *L* the HTML links, too...should be up in a couple of days.

it'll look just like the statesman page (from the other thread) but it'll be a page instead of a pic, and IF ANYONE HAS SOMETHING TO PUT THERE, please let me know now. *L*
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

We should come up with what's to go on it first, before the page is coded or anything.
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
Grendelvs
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Grendelvs »

i just have to take out all the like, REAL stuff. putting in fake stuff after is relatively easy.