New Cool Air on the horizon!

Official forum for Unfilmable.com - film adaptations of H P Lovecraft

Moderators: mgmirkin, Pickman, Moderators

Pickman
Reanimator
Reanimator

New Cool Air on the horizon!

Post by Pickman »

Longtime genre director Albert (The Sword and the Sorcerer, Cyborg) Pyun is finally tackling Lovecraft with an adaptation of Cool Air. He recently gave fangoria.com the scoop on the upcoming project. "We’re shooting now in Los Angeles and will wrap this Friday," Pyun told Fangoria, "Robert Ladesich is the producer, and a new screenwriter, Cynthia Curnan, adapted the short story. Morgan (Space: Above and Beyond) Weisser stars. My company, Filmwerks, will supervise distribution via Chris Davis International, and we hope to have it ready for release by October, just in time for Halloween!"

Fangoria reports that Pyun has been a fan of Lovecraft, and this story, for years, and didn't hesitate when he saw the chance to bring it to the screen himself. "I’ve been a fan of it since I was a child," he says. "It always stuck in my head as something I wanted to put on film. Then I happened to read Cynthia Curnan's screenplay last year, and it captured my vision of the tale. I knew this was the perfect adaptation." He went on to add, "I especially enjoyed shooting the main character’s heart attack because of its surprising twist in the story and its drama. Morgan conveyed the character’s bewilderment and fear in mesmerizing fashion." The director says the film won’t rely on blood and guts, and that: "[We’ll have] more atmosphere and getting inside the character’s head. There are a few effective effects shots, but I loved the screenwriter’s take on the main character’s internal paranoia and imagination. What is or isn’t real?"

The cast also includes Crystal Green as the doctor (in a gender switch from the story), Wendy Phillips as the landlady and Virginia Dare as her daughter Estella (another sex change). Norbert Weisser (The Thing) plays a mysterious lodger with a dark, twisted secret...

(Thanks to http://www.fangoria.com/)