April Derleth

General Topics and Introductions

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

April Derleth

Post by NickolausPacione »

I noticed that April Derleth actually vouched for the website; is she related by some chance to August Derleth? If she is that is almost like getting a message from August himself, and I was wondering if she read any of the work on here?
Online Publishing Company of Cthulhu Mythos Writer, NICKOLAUS A. PACIONE. Dirty Black Winter is out now the career spanding collection. An Eye In Shadows is available on Amazon.com and Lulu.com.
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

April is the daughter of August Derleth. I have been in communication with her for a while. There is a chance she reads the actual works but I have not asked her :)
MikeFS
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by MikeFS »

There's something touching about a family business. Good to see the Derleths still in Arkham House. Mr. Derleth might not have been as good a writer as Lovecraft, but he's still really, really good on his own.

That was actually pretty cool that Arkham House actually commended Temple of Dagon. That's something for us to boast about with other Mythos pages, aye? :wink:

Although I gotta wonder, considering when her father lived, exactly how old is Mrs. Derleth?
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

I couldn't tell you how old she is. And it wouldn't be too proper for me to ask :P
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

Post by NickolausPacione »

Especially for all of us who writes in the Cthulhu Mythos. You have to thank me for suggesting that Aleister posts stories of other writers in the Cthulhu Mythos. He saw Shadow of the Gathering and never looked back. For a short time he had the stories of Lovecraft on here as well, but now it is just the writers of hte Cthulhu Mythos. I discovered Clinton Green on a place called House of Pain.com then Andrew Ian Dodge was a writer I knew about from AuthorsDen. For to be commended by April, that is a kick ass move on Al's part. It will be a matter of time when April looks into each of our works individually.
Online Publishing Company of Cthulhu Mythos Writer, NICKOLAUS A. PACIONE. Dirty Black Winter is out now the career spanding collection. An Eye In Shadows is available on Amazon.com and Lulu.com.