Lovecraft Cthulhu Mythos Inspired Chaos army

Music, Art, Movies - Let us know!

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

mary
Occultist
Occultist

Lovecraft Cthulhu Mythos Inspired Chaos army

Post by mary »

I am utterly loyal to Space Marines and hate CSM but I am no blind and I know that CSM offer wide range of conversions. And because I love Lovecraft...
You whom know Mythos know how many creatures, entities even Gods it has and how many other things Lovecraft's successors invent. And if you play W40k and know Lovecraft..it doesnt take too much time to come up with Cthulhu/CSM army.

1.Mythos is waking up.....
...Firstly, FLUFF. Lets call Lovecraft army simply Mythos. Long ago full army of CSM traveled to reach one planet. On that planet meeting had been held with Greater Deamon to seal new pact. But suddenly during meeting strange entities (Mythos) appeared from nowhere and attacked Deamons and CSM. Entities were destroyed, but their purpose werent to kill but to infect. In few moments all demons and csm started to change...incredible pain overwhelmed their flesh and brains. Then strange emissary appeared - tall Black Pharaoh...

My main thought is to simply implement Lovecraft creatures to W40 Universe. Mythos is from outer dimension like Tyranids..but i dont want to situate them in such big measure, only locally.

...Lets write few lines about what Mythos do. So the CSM were first victims to strange lifeform. Mythos is like virus. Everything what is in close contact to infected Mythos creature begin to transform into Mythos itself. First, unimaginable pain attack your brain and nerve system so you cannot move. Second, your flesh start to burn inside like you drank acid. Fresh flesh appear on your skin. But pain lasts forever. You cannot kill yourself and you cannot go mad. You are conscious and can feel every bit of pain. You can only follow the orders which flow through your mind. Even the death is no peace solution..because you are IMMORTAL. After fresh Mythos soldier is killed he is revived and destroyed body parts are substituted by Mythos flesh. So after few horrible deaths you start to become enormous horibble Mythos creature. But you still feel that horibble pain. With every death you lose piece of your "humanity"...than you can become mad...

This would be a fluff, in short.

2. Army architecture

It should be simple 1500pts army.

1-2 HQ - Emissaries of Mythos
2 Troops - 2x CHSM squad
1-2 Terminators squad
1-3 Obliterators
1 Deamon Prince
Rest should be Lesser/Greater Deamons

Optional:
Rhino, Land Raider, Dreadnought, Defiler

3. Conversion

I started with W40k year ago and I have painted only 20 models till now. I want my Mythos army as Masterpiece and so to honour Lovecraft work. My skill is not so high to start with army now so it takes another year or two to begin.

My coversion ideas:
Basic CSM/Deamons models + tons of GS
Yes, it will be that simple. No special bits. Everything will be made with GS and basic CSM models.

Troops - basic models of CSM with Mythos signs - new recruits only with slight anomalies like converted hands, legs, heads..than Chaos Marines who died more times so they have more signs of Mythos. I want it to look really brutally like visible brain, guts, bones and so on. REALLY brutal !!

Terminators, Obliterators - same as Troops but with more Mythos look.

Daemons It should be main force of the army and each should be unique for example some shoggots, cultists, nightgaunts, gnols, ghouls, moon beasts, gugs, ghasts, deep ones or even greater ones like Shub-Nigurath, King in Yellow and all that evill creatures from stories.

Vehicles I want them half organic, overgrown with Mythos flesh and anomalies.

As you can see there will be quite a lot of sculpting and GS working...so I need to improve my skill because i want it look really scary. Faces of chaos marines full of pain and desperation, unimaginable anomalies. Just real horror.

4.Painting

Year ago i saw really nice black/violet color scheme with Lovecraftian look but i cannot find that page again Actually I would like to have colorful army with wide range of different colors.

5.Conclusion
Firstly, I want to apologize if i wrote something wrong about CSM. My main interest are Space Marines and i dont care about Chaos fluff at all. I just want to use Chaos as an army and implement Lovecraft work into it.
What do you think about it?

_________________________-

Internet Phone Service
caribbean holidays
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED