Brace For Impact

Site news and updates

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

mary
Occultist
Occultist

Brace For Impact

Post by mary »

Brace For Impact will be, Invisible Sky Giant willing, a non-massively multiplayer online game of starship combat.

However, before I invest time in specifying, designing and implementing the game proper, I've lashed up a game mechanics prototype of the tactical combat. Any and all comments and suggestions are most welcome.

This is not an alpha, beta, gamma, delta or any other version of the final game. It is a hacked up disposable single-player demo to define and exercise the "big gun" style of combat mechanics that I am aiming for. This demo won't be developed any further, except as a testbed for rapid prototyping.

The feel should be similar to WWII naval combat. Guns fire in plunging arcs. Yes, in space. It's due to a reverse polarity flux variance in the subspace plasma McGuffin. The 2D-ish sprite nature of this demo is deliberate; the game should be fun before any nice models are added.

In this demo, you are driving a heavy cruiser, alongside a friendly battleship. The enemy consists of a heavy carrier plus a light torpedo cruiser. The goal is to explore the mechanics: you can't die, nor can you kill the enemy ships. The CVA has a limited number of fighters though.

____________________-

Prom Dresses
Stone Siding