HPLFF 2004

Official forum for Unfilmable.com - film adaptations of H P Lovecraft

Moderators: mgmirkin, Pickman, Moderators

maelstrom
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

HPLFF 2004

Post by maelstrom »

Woo-hoo! What a blast! This year's films were better than ever, and it was great to see old friends again - Craig, I'm talking about you!
Tillman's "The Summoning" was way cool, "The Visage" actually gave me goosebumps in a couple places, and who can forget the trailer for the HPLHS' "Call of Cthulhu"? I don't think I've ever been as excited about an indie project as much as I am about that one!
Cheers to Andrew Migliore for putting together a stellar weekend - and his wife for hosting Sunday brunch for some forty-odd filmmakers... and I do mean odd... :lol:
"There are people who know things nobody should know, and can do things nobody ought to be able to do..."
WhispererInDarkness
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by WhispererInDarkness »

But you seem to have left out the MOST funny Lovecraftian short ever, The Love Craft ..... hmm, maybe you're just being modest???

Hey, aren't you supposed to be shooting a movie or something???

:cthulhu2:

And yes, Craig is da man!!!!
Rick
~~~~~~
Cthulhu Fhtagn!!!
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

I do wish I could of been there :)

I will have to go check out all the reviews I can find! :)
Pickman
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by Pickman »

Aleister,

I hope to be posting links to a half dozen or so reviews some time this evening.

My Uncle Rick and I had an amazing time! I think that it had something to do with who we hung out with, but I'm not sure! :D

The trailer for Call of Cthulhu was incredible (Rick, don't you hurt my precious!). I also greatly enjoyed The Summoning (by somebody or another...), and saw the TV show that should have been but never was, The LoveCraft! Enter the Dagon, Innsmouth Legacy (with a main character whose name seemed rather familiar), Strange Aeons and Angry and Moist were great as well. So much good stuff...

The great thing is that I think the best is yet to come. A couple of trailers (the Lovecraft sex ed movie Late Bloomer, Sascha Renninger's The Unnamable and Christian Matzke's documentary Experiment 17) showed that next year is already shaping up to be the best ever!

There are also some Maelstrom guys working on Something on the Doorstep or whatever it's called! :cthulhu2:

If only it could be longer...

Take care,

Craig
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Who did you hang out with ? :)
Pickman
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by Pickman »

Those that must not be named!

Actually, I spent most of my time with those most excellent individuals who are on this forum. Namely Kelly Young, Eric Morgret and Rick Tillman...

Combined, they were responsible in part or in whole for three of the short films shown at the festival (The LoveCraft, The Summoning and Innsmouth Legacy).

I also spent a great deal of time talking with Edward Martin (Dream-Quest, Innsmouth Legacy), Aaron Lucchesi (Picture in the House) and Derek Koch (Casonetto's Last Song). Edward filled me in on his new zombie film, Flesh of my Flesh (which contains a certain doctor by the name of Herbert West!). Kelly and Eric also gave me a script for their new film, Strange Aeons: The Thing on the Doorstep (signed by almost everyone involved in the production!). The script, by-the-way, rocks!

Also spent a lot of time talking to Andrew Migliore who runs the whole show! And let me say, he does a bang up job!

Can't forget Bryan Moore and Heather Saenz, they proved once again that they are two of the kindest most generous people I have ever met...

I guess it sounds like I'm name dropping, but it just proves that the people who attend the festival are like a really big family! No big heads or egos to get in the way of the sharing of information and fun...

Oh yeah, did I also mention that they showed some films there!

Take care,

Craig
Pickman
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by Pickman »

Post by Guest »

I'm so stoked that Toren from the Darkest of the Hillside Thickets saw my flick and thought enough about it to write a review. John Tynes is a hero of mine (In Media Res is freakin brilliant!). He didn't review EtD, but I'm pumped just from thinking he might have seen it.

I am sad I missed the festival this year. I am working on possibly making it out for next year's fest. So maybe we'll be able to finally meet in person, Craig.

I submitted EtD for that Blue November Festival in Tulsa that you linked me to, Craig. I have no idea whether they received the film or will show it. They never contacted me back to let me know.

Anyone know if any of the other Lovecraft comedy shorts have made it on-line for download?
Pickman
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by Pickman »

Tom,

Would be great to meet you in person! Especially since I blew my one chance by moving to Oklahoma...

Will ask Captain Chambers if he watched EtD yet. I know he is having venue problems at the moment and is behind schedule.

Want me to ask John if he saw EtD? :)

Don't think any of the other Lovecraft comedy shorts are on-line yet, but I'll look around.

Take care,

Craig
SpinningGrave
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by SpinningGrave »

Pickman wrote:Tom,

Would be great to meet you in person! Especially since I blew my one chance by moving to Oklahoma...

Will ask Captain Chambers if he watched EtD yet. I know he is having venue problems at the moment and is behind schedule.

Want me to ask John if he saw EtD? :)

Don't think any of the other Lovecraft comedy shorts are on-line yet, but I'll look around.

Take care,

Craig
We'll meet up at some point. Sure ask Tynes.
Kung Fthulhu! www.SpinningGrave.com
Pickman
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by Pickman »

Will do...