maybe

CthulhuMud Discussion

Moderators: mgmirkin, Bast, Quanqued, Moderators

miz redavni
Reanimator
Reanimator

maybe

Post by miz redavni »

i dont know if you do yet but if not you should add a class called "the watchers"

- the watchers are a race of beings(more commonly known as angels) that can be called apoun by mankind to aid them and they are agents of the elder lords.

you could their major skill magic but a very low defense.
The Watchers are often confused with the Djinn, but are really a separate order of being (some mages call them the true Djinn, and the lesser Djinn are seen as mere elementals or subservient spirits). Unlike the Djinn they cannot manifest physically even with the help of magick, and they usually appear as Arabian people dressed in opulent clothes and speaking in a cultured manner (but unable to utter the name of Allah). They are quite proficient in magick, and can shapeshift into animals or storms (which is most likely the reason they are confused with the lesser djinn, who often serve the Watchers grudgingly).

Beside their shapeshifting, they are often extremely skilled in Matter, able to create the most magnificent treasures or buildings instantly; according to one story they helped king Solomon build his temple.
the necronomicon states that watchers mostly just sit above us and observe mankind, but when called apoun the can bring gifts, whatever your heart wants, or death to the one that called them.
WWWEEEEEE!!!!!
Ian Whateley
Occultist
Occultist

Post by Ian Whateley »

Where are you getting this from?
miz redavni
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by miz redavni »

the necronomicon and a few other mythos forums and sites
WWWEEEEEE!!!!!
Ian Whateley
Occultist
Occultist

Post by Ian Whateley »

Well, they certainly aren't Lovecraftian, that's for sure, and I doubt they are in the real Necronomicon.
Raymond
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Raymond »

My great-great-great grandfather held a copy of the greek necronomicon, and he says they weren't there. (I've made him in shape again from the salts just to ask him this question).
We will all diiiiiiiiiiiiiee! *goes catatonic*