Vote Cthulhumud!

CthulhuMud Discussion

Moderators: mgmirkin, Bast, Quanqued, Moderators

Quanqued
Librarian
Librarian

Vote Cthulhumud!

Post by Quanqued »

I've been very impressed and pleased with the results of our ranking on The Mud Connector (TMC). As part of the rules we can't offer any in-game incentive, and even if we could there is no way for us to confirm votes anyway! Therefore, I offer this incentive. If we manage to rise in rankings by 200 places (to 163) by the end of this month (March) I will set aside a certain amount for advertising the MUD. We're already at 195, so there's really not far to go. I look forward to restarting the advertising.

Remember you can vote once/day for the MUD, and currently we're a mere 18 votes away from reaching our goal. There's exactly 1 week left to place your votes. So here's the link:
http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_ ... Cthulhumud

In the event that we succeed, I'll use one week to take player ideas for advertising slogans.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, the global EXP multiplier will be increased randomly throughout the day on Friday (3/28). I look forward to seeing you all online.
~Quanqued

=============================
- "Who says mortality can't be overcome?"
- "Well yeah, the trick is avoiding the death part."

For more prompt responses, please use the in-game boards, or email: cthulhumud@foxpaws.net
Quanqued
Librarian
Librarian

Success!!

Post by Quanqued »

Congratulations! After a brief pause at 164, we jumped to the ranking of 156. Now we just need to keep those votes coming in. Those higher rankings will help attract more players, and I see no reason why we can't get on the first page at TMC.

However, in my part I'll start advertising. I'll initially be using Google Adwords, and depending on how well that does may expand to other avenues, or increase the impressions.

So on to the competition. You can be the one to spread the word of Cthulhu amongst the masses! I'll take the top 3 and put them in the ad campaign. Your goals are to convey the message, while using the keywords. The keywords should be relatively unique (such as Lovecraft or Cthulhu), and will ideally be shared among all 3 ads.

Each ad is 3 lines. a Headline (25 characters), and 2 description lines (35 characters). I'll include the one that I ran earlier as an example.

So here's the deal, I'll take suggestions (via the in-game boards). Post your ideas on the ideas board and make sure it goes to ALL. I'll take submissions through April 2nd, and start the ads running Friday April 4th.

The old Ad:

CthulhuMud
Lose sanity in 30 days or less!
Based on works by H.P. Lovecraft.
www.cthulhumud.com

Let's get those creative juices flowing! Submissions can be made by ANYONE. This means anyone from newbies to immortals can submit ad ideas.
~Quanqued

For more prompt responses, please use the in-game boards, or email: cthulhumud@foxpaws.net
Quanqued
Librarian
Librarian

TMC Rankings!

Post by Quanqued »

TMC Rankings!

Ok folks, the TMC rankings have had their monthly reset. In March we were ranked 144th overall, out of 2,161 MUD's. That is absolutely tremendous, particularly since we didn't start the voting until late in the month. I believe that we can get and maintain our ranking in the top 100 MUD's, and therefore on the first page. This means we would need about 150 votes through the course of the month. With opportunities to vote every day, I think we can do it.

I've already seen a slight increase in the number of players, and while we provide a world you are the ones that make it work. Keep those Ad ideas coming, and take a moment to vote for CthulhuMUD on TMC.
http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/vote_ ... Cthulhumud
~Quanqued

mgpnt
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by mgpnt »

well i am voting for two days, which is exactly the same time i am playing cthulhumud... which is the first m.u.d. i ever played.

i have to notice that there is no banner ad, that i or anyone could attach as signature at forums and such, and as well at own sites. should players make custom banners, or there is something like the 'work in progress' concerning this matter?

regards
Quanqued
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Quanqued »

Thanks for the voting, it's appreciated!

We also, of course, would be very happy to have links to our website.

As far as banner ads, we do not at this point in time have one. If you find yourself with talent in that area, please feel free to put something together and post it here.
~Quanqued

Raymond
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Raymond »

Come on people, who got lazy? :? We were a steady 50 and we're dropping at 66! Vote plenty, and Cthulhu will eat you first. :cthulhu1: :)
We will all diiiiiiiiiiiiiee! *goes catatonic*
hennry
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

RE:Vote Cthulhumud

Post by hennry »

We have consistently welcomed and supported their efforts to develop both political and economic freedom and advocated that Western Europe should follow their example and liberalise the stagnant economy of dirigisme. We have criticised the European Union for its continuing refusal to reform its own ideas and to create a free-trading area with the countries that needed our support.
------------------------
hennry

Promote your website
Raymond
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Raymond »

The TMC server has been reset! Cultists of unspeakable horrors, summon CthulhuMUD up to the first 100 MUDs! :wink:

Click on the Cthulhu plushie to vote -> :cthulhuplush:

Thank you!
We will all diiiiiiiiiiiiiee! *goes catatonic*
Myotis
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Myotis »

Ia! Ia!

May the Seven proxies of Yuggoth resurrect the MUD and from the depths of R'lyeh and into the Glory of the Cosmos!!