Big Ooops

CthulhuMud Discussion

Moderators: mgmirkin, Bast, Quanqued, Moderators

NullandVoid
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Big Ooops

Post by NullandVoid »

This isn't really a problem, since I resolved it, but It had me sweating for a bit.

SimonCoffin, my character, is a worsphipper of Bast. So I'm toodling around Ulthar, and I acquire a small menagerie of followers (And spontaneously acquired 'Recruit' in the process). These followers consisted of two cats and an Ulthar city guardsman. They followed me diligently, and I was heading out to do some levelling my killling merchants and traders (whom I assume, since they do not require 'murder' to slay, are neutral and probably spies from Dylath-Leen and Leng, so I feel no pity about killing them. :) )

So I kill a traveler, no problem. Move on to the next place, see a trader, and attack him. At this the Guard balks, claiming he is an innocent, and then attacks me. Simultaneously, one of the cats turns on me too. Before I even realized what was happening, both the guard and the cat were dead...

dead cat...

BIG problem for a Bast worshipper, and utterly accidental.

Needless to say I returned to the Temple for a less than happy greeting from the Priestess. I had lost my 'honourably warrior of Bubastis deed' as well.

So, I sacrificed a LOT. I prayed for forgiveness, and was told to never harm a cat again. But I was back in the good (?) graces of my goddess. I returned where I needed to and performed the task necessary to regain the 'Honourable warrior of Bubastis' Deed.

But still... accidental killings are bad. I jut hope Bast doesn't hold it against me in the future, and I'm going to try and keep a tighter reign on my reflexes.

-Simon Coffin
back in the graces of a Cat...
Quanqued
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Quanqued »

Well call me efil, but I'm glad it had you sweating a little bit. The game wouldn't be fun without it's challenges. As I'm somewhat justifiably biased towards other deities of worship, all I can suggest is to carry around plenty of milk until such a time as you pick another deity to worship.

At that point kill cats left and right, and smite the forces Bast summons against you! Of course, some of those forces might take the form of PC Bast worshipers who will take revenge upon the slayer of cats...

Admittedly the circumstances that brought you to this point were perhaps a bit unexpected. You might try setting nofollow so that you don't accidentally wind up with unasked for followers, and perhaps try avoiding killing things in front of guards. It makes them twitchy. ;)
~Quanqued

=============================
- "Who says mortality can't be overcome?"
- "Well yeah, the trick is avoiding the death part."

For more prompt responses, please use the in-game boards, or email: cthulhumud@foxpaws.net