Newbie from Singapore...

CthulhuMud Discussion

Moderators: mgmirkin, Bast, Quanqued, Moderators

maurice
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Newbie from Singapore...

Post by maurice »

Just wanted to say hi, I'm very new to MUD-ing with no experience what-so-ever. :-D I came across CthulhuMUD when I was reading some stuff about Lovecraft over the web, so I gave it a try. So far I really like the game, I haven't really ventured out yet as I have been reading all I can on the website. One question though... where do I look for information about mobs outside of the game? i can't seem to find some info on the website, all i see are informations about the different races... (hope im making sense here... :oops: )

Many thanks and enjoy your day!
Blargh
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Blargh »

Welcome to Cthulhumud. It's usually a good idea to hang around the lower level and starting areas until you have a bit of a grasp on how the place works, and what you can and can't do. As for information on mobs, there isn't really that much around as far as I'm aware. Good ways would be to ask other players (people are generally willing to help where they can), or to just find out as you explore. Hope I've helped.
END COMMUNICATION!
maurice
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by maurice »

Thanks Blargh! I've been exploring MU (which is the only low level area I know, can you recommend any low level areas besides MU?) and so far so good, I'm just starting to get the hang of it(very new to MUD-ing), hopefully i'll get there eventually. And the people/players on CthulhuMUD are very helpful and super nice to me. Thanks!
draeger
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by draeger »

Use the ALIST command to ge a list of the areas appropriate to your level. You will probably enjoy Dyleth-Leen and the Enchanted Forest, both are easy to find in the dreamlands.
Blargh
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Blargh »

Depending on how far along and how confident you are, there's a few places you could take a look at. I'd suggest a little exploring of MU's surrounding streets (there's a great map on www.cthulhumud.com if you get lost), and once you've gotten to know Arkham a little better, a trek to Ulthar in the dreamlands could be worth your time (another great map of the dreamlands layout at the mud's site). The road to Ulthar takes you through a lot of parts of the dreamlands, including the enchanted woods, Zoogville, the trade routes, as well as a few nearby small towns. Dylath-Leen isn't a bad place, but it can be a bit rough at times, I'd recommend leaving it for a bit later. I know the 'just starting out' feeling. This was the first place I ever mudded, but once I caught on to how it all worked, it became a little less odd. This was about 3 years ago now :)
END COMMUNICATION!