H.P. Lovecraft Facts, Truths, and Myths

General Topics and Introductions

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

Yog-Sothoth

H.P. Lovecraft Facts, Truths, and Myths

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

-If you replace the word "Nazi" with "Deep-One" in the Diary of Anne Frank, it becomes The Shadow Over Innsmouth and Dagon.

-H.P. Lovecraft once got kicked in the arse by a 6 year old boy. Lovecraft turned to him, smiled, and then kicked the boy beyond time and space. The boy eventually came back, however, and wrote stories about the things he saw, and made a religion of the things he met. His wrings were considered the worst piece of Sci-Fi ever written. We know this boy as L. Ron Hubbard.

-Lovecraft's description of Antarctica in "At the Mountains of Madness" was actually a description of his wife's Vagina. This is one of the reasons Lovecraft never smiled.

-The story "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" is based on the time Lovecraft swallowed a small fish alive. When he shat it out, it had grown 8 feet, grew arms and legs, could speak basic English, and had a loincloth. Traumatized by this experience, he vowed never to eat fish again.

Help me come up with more of these, I got an idea for a book.
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

If you play the audiobook of "The Call Of Cthulhu" backwards, you can hear "Stairway To Heaven".
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

H.P. lovecraft came up with the idea for "The Colour Out of Space" after his water was contaminated by a near by gasoline refinery, he didn't notice this for a number of days until his dog went crazy and turned gray
Jesus Prime wrote:Good point. You sexy beast, you.
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
FranklinWest
Scholar
Scholar

Post by FranklinWest »

Lovecraft based Deep Ones on a particularly nasty batch of 'Sea Monkeys' which went rogue and turned on him when he was young. Shortly after disposing of them, he is said to have remarked: "That is not flushed which may resurface nigh, and behind those gurglings naughty sea monkeys lie."

100% Fact.
"...You think it's dead just because you shot it in the head?"
"Never trust anyone you can't quickly and easily kill."
-Franklin West

Join the Madness! :cthulhu1:

ID: Cthulhumud
Host: cthulhumud.com
Port: 8889
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Lovecraft never owned a cat called "Nigger-Man". He did, however, own a black sex slave, who he called "Kittie".
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

Yah lovecraft was definalty down with the swirl, thats why his African American caractures had such possitive roles in his storys (in the 1920s they were considered possitive)
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
Captain McCready
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Captain McCready »

"The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath" was the result of a 72 hour stint in the local opium den with Frank, Clark & some dusky beauties they met on the way...(strange unplaceable accents too..)
"What the hell were we smoking...??" Clark offered upon his first reading of the epic saga with the return of sobriety. Frank metioned that some ground "Egyptain pure" may have found it's way into the hookah, whilst Clark had disappeared frequently with both ladies, only to return somewhat flustered & demanding the ingestion of exotic plant extracts...

Fo' real.... :shock:
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Lovecraft didn't actually die in the fuhrerbunker.
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

I read somewhere that lovecraft bitten by a werewolf when he was a kid but was later cured from his ailment, to commenorate his youth he wrote the short story What The Moon Brings
Sp00ky
Occultist
Occultist

Post by Sp00ky »

Since Lovecraft barely earned anything by selling his stories he resorted to dealing opium and other narcotics. This made him the first wiggah' in history.
"The truth will save you, Scully. I think it will save both of us."

"And he was alone... Perhaps as he was meant to be."
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

I also heard somewhere that to pay his rent he was forced to sell one of his foots to a traveling Carny working...for the remainder of his life he used an old loaf of whole wheat bread as a substitute.
tsathoggua
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by tsathoggua »

Did you know that if you convert Barrack Obamas phone number into liet then it spells The Call of Cthulhu
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

No WAY!
tsathoggua
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by tsathoggua »

YES WAY!!!
"If the eye could perceive the demons that people the universe, existence would be impossible. The demons are more numerous than we are."
Navaha
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

Post by Navaha »

The mating habits of the Deep Ones were inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's secrect desire to **** a mermaid.
No escape
Binding spirits
No Escape
Trapped in time/space