Web Embedded Telnet Client

CthulhuMud Discussion

Moderators: mgmirkin, Bast, Quanqued, Moderators

Shaidar
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Web Embedded Telnet Client

Post by Shaidar »

I mostly wanted to just put this in here as a suggestion, but a cool thought is for users like myself who have restricted access at work. We need to have some means of being able to connect to the mud and I have seen this done on another mud's website where embedded into the webpage they have a telnet screen that you can use to login and play. I don't know if this is even possible or if it will even help poor souls such as myself out.
Quanqued
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Quanqued »

Aleister's going to have to field this one since he's the master of the webpage, and he's donating his time, bandwidth and server space to the webpage. My only useful feedback (I deleted a bunch of less-useful feedback) is to point out that embedded java-based clients like that tend to have a relatively large footprint and Aleister is kind enough to be providing all of these to us for free.
~Quanqued

=============================
- "Who says mortality can't be overcome?"
- "Well yeah, the trick is avoiding the death part."

For more prompt responses, please use the in-game boards, or email: cthulhumud@foxpaws.net
Shaidar
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Shaidar »

Aleister is no doubt very kind as it is, and this is merely a suggestion. What can I say I am so addicted that I even have to play this game at work =p Well Aleister O kind one I will donate gold to you if we get this up and running. :-D
Quanqued
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Quanqued »

Hmm... I had other useful feedback that I thought I'd left in here but apparently didn't.

There are clients out there that don't require installations to be run. I think fireclient and pueblo can both be run standalone off of a flash drive.

Feed the addiction, for it is fickle, and will throw tantrums if ignored.
~Quanqued

=============================
- "Who says mortality can't be overcome?"
- "Well yeah, the trick is avoiding the death part."

For more prompt responses, please use the in-game boards, or email: cthulhumud@foxpaws.net
Shaidar
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Shaidar »

Well and I did try that, however when trying to connect to port 8889 it wont work. The company has that port blocked so no chance of getting that done, however if you had it embedded through a website you would be running on a regular HTTP port I believe.... So it would be like Host>23>8889
Ian Whateley
Occultist
Occultist

Post by Ian Whateley »

This could really help the game.