Cult of Cthulhu bible

Discuss your work, and the work of the contributors to the Temple.

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

i don't believe Temple of Dagon posters mean any real hostility, but it's true that my unconventional and outspoken views leave me with a lot of harsh critics.
Yah I dont meen to be a prick...I just had an abusive childhood
Jesus Prime wrote:Good point. You sexy beast, you.
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

yes, i try not to take myself TOO seriously... as that picture illustrates.

well Cthulhu Cult is the only book i decided to make money on. just because running the Cult itself takes a lot of time, money, and effort. and buying the ISBN and distribution package for that book was $100 right off the bat.

i make $9 from each paperback and download, then lulu takes a small cut of profit (plus the paperback costs a little more to actually make).

here's my storefront including all my Lulu books: http://www.lulu.com/Satanis

the Satanis books and so forth were more "sheer fun", but Cthulhu Cult is our bible. while i have an ear pressed up against the Sleeper's tomb, i don't expect people to follow me like a messiah. although that would be nice. ;)

VS
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

You really should of used one of those cooler pictures for the cover
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

review from the League of Indie Satanists

Post by darrick »

review from the League of Indie Satanists

It is the habit of many reviewers, when given a book to review to throw their bias at every page of the book. However with this book, one cannot do that. Like any Book with a theological base, the Cthulhu Bible is no different. Despite the dirty word "Faith" has become in our modern occult times, it is no secret that the individual lives a life filled with faith, even if that Faith is faith that your neighborhood grocer is still open when you drive there to shop....

Much as many don't want to, in order to read this book one must understand that it is a Holy text written with a Theological faith base at it's core. While this belief does not mirror my own, the merit of this fleshed out spiritual system cannot be avoided.

Venger Satanis, Author of this work, takes his personal revelation and aesthetic, and brings the dread cult of Cthulhu to life. Only in the pages of H.P. Lovecraft have I read of such individuals that exist. Fascinating that we now find a true life cult!

This is their Holy Book and as such does a very good job of being just that. One must suspend skepticism for at least the duration of the Read, which I found to be very enjoyable and entertaining, and imagine that you have found this tome in the old cellar of a recently deceased College professor....

The experience of reading this book, while fun and interesting, is also informative... I was not very familiar with Cthulhu Mythos before I read this, but I can say that I do now have a better understanding of the "old Gent" as I have heard Cthulhu cultists reference the Great Dread God.

Venger presents his Theology, and it is fleshed out and complete. This Bible works in that it does the job of a Holy text based in the Left hand tradition. It provides a collection belief to establish a Religious, and Occult system. The Cthulhu Bible is a must read for those involved in the Mythos, fans of Lovecraft, or anyone wishing to better blacken their soul with a unique and new system of faith.

It is a quick, easy read, keeping the pace of any book can difficult, but the style of the Cthulhu Bible is written in such as way as the book is not halting, rather fluid, making it a pleasure to study or casually glance through.

Venger has taken his Cult one step further, from website to Book, from idea to reality.

Bob Ferguson
League of Independent Satanists

Cthulhu Cult: http://www.lulu.com/content/606582
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

<b>darrick</b>: You will find that very few of the members here actually believe this stuff. The site is more about the appreciation of it all as an art form so to speak, but of course, everyone is welcome regardless of belief.

As to your earlier comments, yes, it is a hostile bunch.. j/k ;)
Grendelvs
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Grendelvs »

darrick wrote:i'm against both science and logic.

me too. in fact, i'm going TOMORROW to turn in my PC, laptop, cell phone and my car's navigation system, and then i'll walk home.

i suggest you do the same.
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

Fuck that shit...man why dont we all just cut off our balls too
Grendelvs
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Grendelvs »

i have this thing about my blood...i'm trying to keep it all in the original container, if i can.
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

You will find that very few of the members here actually believe this stuff. The site is more about the appreciation of it all as an art form so to speak, but of course, everyone is welcome regardless of belief.
yeah, i know. but at least you guys know who Lovecraft was.
darrick wrote:
i'm against both science and logic.

me too. in fact, i'm going TOMORROW to turn in my PC, laptop, cell phone and my car's navigation system, and then i'll walk home.

i suggest you do the same.
hey literal-boy, i meant that i was against science and logic being treated as God. i don't think human beings can answer the big questions by using science and logic; questions such as 'why are we here?' and 'what is the meaning of our existence?'

of course, if i had just said, "i believe we should de-emphasize science and logic" that probably would have been clearer... but too easily overlooked.

Venger Satanis
Cult of Cthulhu High Priest
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

also... anyone is welcome to take Cthulhu Cult as fiction, a roleplaying game aid, or "sheer fun". one doesn't have to be a believer to appreciate it.

enjoy.

VS
Grendelvs
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Grendelvs »

i'm Literal-Boy, founder of the Smarty-Pants Association, and i need your dues.

dry cleaning capes gets expensive, if'n you know what i'm sayin'.
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

yeah, i don't believe in literal smarty pants... or santa claus. sorry, no dues from me.

VS
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

Man once the republicans take over...Canada is so fucked...I meen we have a Libral Party...and the NDP!
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

where are the republicans taking over?

not that it matters here, so much...
in the temple of dagoon

(insiders call it dagoon, or sometimes dagooch if they are awesome enough)
A monkey riding a dog is probably the awesomest thing that could ever happen.
Contributors wanted! Fantastic Horror — Original Works of Disturbing Imagination
Draconis
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Draconis »

(Warning: nutjob mode engaged. I'm really not as unhinged as this probably sounds.)

Personally I welcome any work of fiction that presents itself as truth, the more reality a thing has, the better a story is told. Once you realise that human belief is a flexible and malleable thing, and that one does not actually need to think a thing is literally real in the normal sense in order to beleive it, science, logic and faith cease to be mutually exclusive. Thus, one can in fact remain a staunch scientific realist, meanwhile taking a thing like Cthulhu as one's god - its just a matter of realising the limitations of onesself as a human creature, and using the limitations to one's benefit. Faith is good thing to have, it strengthens one's resolve, so in order to be as good a person as you can, you have to have faith in something, be it the god of a preexisting religion, the infalliability of the scientific method (which I have a lot of respect for, don't get me wrong), or a darkly beautiful fallen thing from a story someone wrote a while back, interpreted in your own way. To deny one's capacity for faith is to deny one's humanity, but to assume that faith overrides all else is equally inhuman and reprehensible.