Cult of Cthulhu bible

Discuss your work, and the work of the contributors to the Temple.

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Cult of Cthulhu bible

Post by darrick »

International black magic organization, the Cult of Cthulhu, has been ripping the fabric of reality away since 2004. Now their High Priest Venger Satanis has written a book, Cthulhu Cult, which codifies their beliefs, practices, sorcery, prophecies, and monstrous revelations.

The Cult of Cthulhu is based on H.P. Lovecraft's Mythos, Satanism, Chaos Magic, and the Fourth Way.

Here is the link to Cthulhu Cult, their bible:

http://www.lulu.com/content/606582

Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

Lame
Jesus Prime wrote:Good point. You sexy beast, you.
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Eternities End wrote:Lame
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

thanks for the articulate response!

same to you guys.

VS
odin2
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by odin2 »

Jesus Prime wrote:
Eternities End wrote:Lame
Kind of harsh don't you think guys?
"I'm farther from doing what I want to do than I was 20 years ago"
~~H.P.Lovecraft~~
IMDB wrote: in the event of a zombie apocalypse, or the return of Cthulu, be near a Wal-Mart!
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

Nah
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
Pinonomicon
Occultist
Occultist

Post by Pinonomicon »

While I consider Lovecrafts work to be fiction, I was with you till I saw the cover art. Now don't get me wrong, I think everyone should draw and paint for their own sake, but that just screams 'amateur mom's basement press' to me.

Photoshop....10 minutes....still not exactly professional looking but you see what I mean.
No charge. :wink:

darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

Photoshop....10 minutes....still not exactly professional looking but you see what I mean.
No charge. Wink
i do like what you've done, although i'm not a fan of computer art. it reminds me of that awful and unrealistic CGI in all the movies today. sorry you don't dig the painting. i thought it had a disturbing and primitive simplicity. to each his own. i do appreciate the constructive criticism though. thanks.

VS
Pinonomicon
Occultist
Occultist

Post by Pinonomicon »

I actually quite like the painting... especially the way you make the stone (?) look glossy, but the type is really not working And there's waaay too much negative space in the image, which kind of makes it look unfinished.
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

sorry you don't dig the painting
You should be!
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

I actually quite like the painting... especially the way you make the stone (?) look glossy, but the type is really not working And there's waaay too much negative space in the image, which kind of makes it look unfinished.
yes, exactly. that's where the disturbing part comes in. the dominant negative space is meant to throw the viewer off, to disorient him. the cover art is a metaphor. if human beings understood the position that they're in, then they would not be comforted... they'd be quite unsettled.

the book and its message are not part of the slick, corporate world. nor do i wish to show people anything except the hideous reality beneath the smooth, safe, and plastic facade that keeps us imprisoned. this is about evolution. and such concepts, when fully known, are not pretty.

VS
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

To be fair, it might look better as just the monolith with all the blank space around it, the tentacles make it seem almost like a metronome on a piano. I'll see what I can come up with to show you.

But anything treating a fictional universe as something serious usually comes out as being pretty lame, no harm to you.
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Shoddy, but you get the idea.
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

yep, i get the idea. i suppose it would be something to consider if it wasn't already "in the can". also, i personally like the tentacles.
But anything treating a fictional universe as something serious usually comes out as being pretty lame, no harm to you.
did Lovecraft's fiction turn out "lame" when he was writing as if the Cthulhu Mythos were real?

are we not all experiencing a fictional universe right now? and not just one fiction, but a multiplicity of imaginary realities?

VS
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

darrick wrote:
did Lovecraft's fiction turn out "lame" when he was writing as if the Cthulhu Mythos were real?
No, it paid the bills. You know what happens when people take fiction seriously? Creationism. Or, if it's by a sci-fi writer, Scientology.