Fiction: Operation 154

Want to contribute something to the Temple of Dagon?

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

sTango
Neophyte
Neophyte

Fiction: Operation 154

Post by sTango »

This short, like my previous post was written by me a number of years ago while heavily influenced by the Call of Cthulhu RPG and the Delta Green supplements, only the dates have changed.

Have at it!

FBI New York City Field Office
April 12, 2006 2359 GMT

The following transcripts are from a cassette recovered from an as of yet unidentified partially dismembered white male body found along the tracks near the Seventh Avenue Express by Transit Police at @1500 GMT 04/12/2006 ...

This tape has been unedited and is marked as EX12042006-A1223GH – EYES ONLY

.....static.....a loud click and some rattling noises, then the sound of sniffling and whispering can be heard....a hoarse voice begins to speak...

"I'm cleaning the gun, the gun that will end my life. I'm wiping the blood off of it while I talk into this thing. I am going to be dead soon, but from what I've seen the rest of you are not going to be far behind me. When I stare at the fucking wall I don’t see anything but the backlit ghosts of
those flitting things in my eye juice. I don’t care anymore. Fuck it....."

...soft crying followed by the sound of snot being sniffed back into the nose, and then the sound of spitting....silence.....the sound of breathing is very close to the microphone....

"....I was standing right next to Agent Mills when her chest exploded and that thing came out. I was covered in her gore. Head to toe with her guts and fat deposits. I screamed and emptied the shotgun into her and it. Her innards are dried on my face and in my hair. I can smell her, she smells like a butcher shop. My voice box aches, and I can still hear the buzzing of the beast as I dismembered it with high velocity slugs. Let's see you stand up to this you god-damned abomination, I thought as I rammed the pump on the goose gun and choked the trigger as fast as I could. Wanna dance ? You fucking evolutionary nightmare......"

.....the voice pauses, a dim, far off scratching sound can be barely discerned....

"....I can hear them crawling down the corridor, slowly, I am so fucked....."

.....soft movement can be heard.....a little chuckle......

"....Their clawed feet scraping. They click when they walk. Are they talking to me ? The buzzing that keeps getting inside my head. Are they following my thoughts ? Suck my dick you fucks!!!! I wanna laugh right in the face of everybody on earth. Hahahahahahahah. The jokes on you!!!!!!......."

......footsteps echo hollowly and heavy breathing can be made out as the subject appears to be moving rapidly down some type of corridor....

"I've gotta move, now...hold on......ok I moved farther down this lower sloped tunnel, although I cant see much it feels like it is getting warmer down here."

....there is silence, then the sound of a cigarette lighter and the unmistakable noise of inhaling....then he begins to speak more calmly.....

"Mills looks at me and her eyes roll back into her skull like two bloodshot marbles, she groans and begins to spew forth black fluids from her mouth and nose. Her chest expands like those guys on Aliens, then booom!!, she splatters all over everything...."

....another chuckle, almost a pitying sound....

"I don’t know how it got inside her, but she had gone off with Agent Michaels to check out the tunnel ahead of us. I remember staying back to cover their rear. I heard him scream, which kind of struck me as odd. I mean if there was something scary going on, why would he scream and not her?...."

...the slow inhale and exhale of a contemplated thought....

"I ran to where they were and found her, alone. Then shortly afterwards she goes and pulls the old-exploding-creature-from-my-chest-routine. Fucking smokes are gone. Figures....."

....a gunshot can be heard, followed by a high pitched squeal....

"....caught one coming around the bend.."

....softly, his voice can be heard...

"....twelve more shells, and the last one is for me. Well I knew getting into this that some freaky shit could go down but...."

....another shot, followed by two more in rapid succession, another bought of squealing....

"...they know where I am now, I don't really feel that afraid anymore.."

.....a pause, and two more shots....

"...well they don't seem to like light, but that shouldn't be a problem for them because I lost mine somewhere back in the confusion....."

.....another shot......

"....fucking flamethrower would be nice right about now......I guess you are just too fucking busy right now, huh god ?"

....a soft moan can be heard....two quick shots follow....

"......why wait, goodbye If someone in the big DG get's this tape, carpet bomb this whole area immediately, do not fucking investigate or categorize...."

.....bam, another shot....

".....just pave this whole area under and forget about it......."

......another shot, the sound of the gun falling and the clicking of clawed feet rushing towards the microphone........

...static.....
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.

--HP Lovecraft
nortonew
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

Post by nortonew »

Pretty good, but there is no explanation of why the speaker doesn't try to escape or call for back up. Normally, one would expect an FBI agent to have some way to call for help. If the agent couldn't call for help, you would think they might say something in their recordings as to why they couldn't.
Enkil
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by Enkil »

I like the idea, I definitely thought of the Alien movies when reading it though (even before you mentioned the movies). Some of the word choice bothered me a bit, for example: "...soft crying followed by the sound of snot being sniffed back into the nose". If this was an FBI transcript I would assume they'd use more proper terms than snot, probably flem.

Also, I counted only 10 of the 12 shells being used before he shot himself, a total of 11 shells in all, you might have meant it to be that way, or it could have been a mistake, but I'm guessing he would have naturally used the last one for one of the creatures.
"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it." ~ Caesar
[America] [Scotland] ||| The Truth will stand when the World is on fire.