James Ambuehl's Fiction

Discuss your work, and the work of the contributors to the Temple.

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

James Ambuehl

James Ambuehl's Fiction

Post by James Ambuehl »

Hello! It's good to be here, and I might as well set myself up for the slings and arrows too -- so if anybody reads some of my Fiction, and wants to comment upon it, or just ramble on aimlessly, I guess this is the place to do it!

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from you all!

-- Jim
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

Welcome, and best wishes on your endeavors :wink:
nortonew
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

Post by nortonew »

Hi James,

I read through the stories you've posted here and I can see why you've had success in getting published. They're definitely entertaining.

Atlachnaphobia was creepy, especially the part about the spiders hatching inside the man's leg. Dr. Thulask is an interesting character. Its hard to tell if he is supposed to be a good guy or a bad guy, or something else. Even after reading the Rainy Late Afternoon it was unclear what his real intentions were. I suspect you may have meant it to be that way.

Finding God(s) and the Slime Girls were a bit campy, (as I'm sure they were meant to be). I loved the names that you chose for the Slime Girls.

I think my favorite was Correlated Contents. It contained a lot of imaginative creatures. Were they all your own creations? I tried a web search on Y'lla and ended up finding another of your stories, The Advent of Uvhash, (which I also ended up reading - and enjoying).

I grew up in Minnesota and don't recall hearing of a town named Braving. The town is your own creation, I would guess. Is the name an alteration of Brainerd or such?

Congratulations on the impending publication of "The Tales of Braving". Will it be available on Amazon?

Best Wishes (May Cthulhu eat you last),
Eric Norton
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

Post by NickolausPacione »

Of all the Mythos writers on here -- you are the most twisted. I have to say you got some real talent as a writer, and I read The Slime Girls -- that got me really laughing. I am planning to check out the story that Eric mentioned -- I got a similar story being published called Bite of the Spider.

I wrote it for a contest that followed a theme of reality TV shows. I got one online now if you want to have the link I will send it to you -- it is a Lovecraftian horror story but it has more in common with Stephen King. You got an imagination that doesn't give up and got a lot of power behind the work.

I want to personally welcome you to the Temple of Dagon, you got the skills to give this site a site to be talked about for years to come. The reason you are getting fiction up here, you have me to thank for that one. I was the one who suggested to Aleister to feature writers online who write in the Cthulhu Mythos.
Online Publishing Company of Cthulhu Mythos Writer, NICKOLAUS A. PACIONE. Dirty Black Winter is out now the career spanding collection. An Eye In Shadows is available on Amazon.com and Lulu.com.
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Nickolaus: Yes you definitly do need to check out 'Correlated Contents'. It was my favorite as well :)

Nick never misses the chance to mention that he helped to get writers on here *grin* I am very glad you are all here though!
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

Hell I am proud to get the writers I got on here writing. Be expecting more soon if I can play my cards right. I got one right now who is going ot be in the anthology I am putting together -- his name is Ronald Wright.
Online Publishing Company of Cthulhu Mythos Writer, NICKOLAUS A. PACIONE. Dirty Black Winter is out now the career spanding collection. An Eye In Shadows is available on Amazon.com and Lulu.com.
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Sounds great! I wish you the best with the anthology.

I am still trying to do everything I can to get this place even more active as far as readers. If my plans also go well, that will be pretty good incentive for a lot of them :)
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

I noticed you got a few new authors posting here and there, I am impressed by what they are able to do with the genre. I am working on a strict Sci-Fi story right now which is more in the vein of The Outer Limits, nothing space opera but if you read Lake Fossil then you would get a huge idea. I am working on the story's sequel.
Nicodemus Whateley
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Nicodemus Whateley »

I have to ask, James--what's your favorite story of all the ones you've written?
John Goodrich
Nicodemus Whateley's Evil Twin