zumba dvd- perfect fitness at home

Site news and updates

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

helen123
Scholar
Scholar

zumba dvd- perfect fitness at home

Post by helen123 »

I originally tried Zumba DVD about 6 weeks post partum, I had lost the weight I had gained, but I wanted to tighten up my "Mommy Belly" and I had heard great things about Zumba DVD. I own a plethora of Zumba DVD and I find that a good instructor goes a long way in making a workout enjoyable. Unfortunately, I found my friedn Jillian to be absurdly obnoxious (imagine Vince the Sham Wow guy in a sports bra) and her workout to be ineffectual. At first, I thought my hatred over her multitude of jumping jacks to be merely soreness from nursing. I tried everything from wearing 4 sports bras to nursing my daughter right before the workout (and then wearing 4 sports bras) and yet the mere mention of how "she has 400lb people doing jumping jacks, so YOU have no excuse, etc etc ad nausea" gave me such a hormonal rise at the time, that I nearly wanted to throat punch the TV (breath easy folks, the TV escaped my Jillian experience unscathed). I ended up jumping to Levels 2 and 3 and still didn't get much from the workouts (except a burning desire to own a Sham Wow) so I moved on to the 10 minute Zumba DVDs (which I really enjoy and recommend since they totally flattened a fore mentioned belly). I decided 5 months post partum to give her another try...nope still can't do jumping jacks without the threat of a black eye (from nursing assets a plenty) and now my joints sound like Rice Krispies Treats gone awry. Sadly, not worth the hype.

Zumba DVD
Zumba Fitness DVD
The L Word DVD 1-6
Scrubs DVD 1-9
Weeds DVD 1-5
Desperate Housewives DVD 1-5
Walt Disney DVD 164 Discs
House MD DVD 1-6
Cold Case DVD 1-7
The Sopranos DVD 1-6
Lost DVD 1-5
Family Guy DVD 1-7