Welcome to the Writer's Corner

Need writing advice? Want to share works in progress? Look here!

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the Writer's Corner

Post by Aleister »

This is a section for aspiring writers to get advice from others, especially (but not limited to) the Mythos/horror genres. All forms of writing are welcome, whether it be stories or poetry.

You can also show works in progress, or just discuss techniques and styles. Enjoy!
NickolausPacione
Lurking Fear
Lurking Fear

Post by NickolausPacione »

I will be making some strong use of this forum here especially since I've been writing some outside of the horror genre but not too far off from it. I am writing a story which plays around with the idea of a Loch Ness Monster. I will be posting a link to a few writing markets on here since I became a member of the Horror Writers Association. I am definately going to be writing a lot darker now especially since April Derleth reads this site now.
Online Publishing Company of Cthulhu Mythos Writer, NICKOLAUS A. PACIONE. Dirty Black Winter is out now the career spanding collection. An Eye In Shadows is available on Amazon.com and Lulu.com.
MikeFS
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by MikeFS »

Hey, I'm wondering, can we also post parodies here? Cause I was thinking of parodising Iron Maiden's 'Can I Play With Madness?' with a Cthulhu theme ('Can I Cause Madness?') and would want to hear from others if it was good if/once I wrote it.
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Sure! Although it might fit better in a humor section. Maybe I will make one.
cussedness
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

stopping by

Post by cussedness »

I'm an old pro who's had stuff in World Fantasy Award winning anthologies. And I'll try to stop in from time to time to offer what advice I can and generally help out.
Janrae Frank
In The Darkness, Hunting:Tales of Chimquar the Lionhawk (Wildside Press)
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Nice to meet you! :)