Your input is requested

Discuss your work, and the work of the contributors to the Temple.

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

alx
Scholar
Scholar

Your input is requested

Post by alx »

decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

Sushi is my personal favorite.
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

those are great.. i don't have a favorite though. one thing you might do is add some sharp highlights to make certain areas look wet and mucusy. like on the teeth guy maybe. just an idea.

finally, i would like to invite you to contribute some artwork for an issue of Fantastic Horror (link in my sig).
A monkey riding a dog is probably the awesomest thing that could ever happen.
Contributors wanted! Fantastic Horror — Original Works of Disturbing Imagination
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

I also dig Sushi. It's very H.R. Giger-esque.
The others, I like, but the colouring jars me. Not so big on the computer colouring myself.
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
alx
Scholar
Scholar

Arigato gozaimasihte

Post by alx »

Regarding sushi: The inspiration for that piece was the cover of a Danzig album I saw at my buddy's house. It was quite Gigerful and the figures looked like they were carved out of marble. It was really more of a study than anything else, but since I never followed through... Well, you know how it is

Just let me say that drawing Cthulhu is great since you never have to do him the same way twice! I've done old sushi head dozens of times and he always turns out different

Here's another one but keep in mind the original is two feet by three so this can hardly do it justice. Traditional too, just for J.Prime!
http://www.bigskyhorizons.com/alx/galle ... closet.jpg

I would like to respectfully disagree with J.Prime with regards to digital colouring; There is nothing you can do traditionally that can't be emulated on a computer. Don't slam the media, slam the artist (in this case, me)

Having said that, I've been experimenting with a more painterly approach to my art but unfortunately, not in any of my HPL related endeavors. Would you care to elaborate on what turns you off? It might help me develop that new style
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

I got 404-ed.

I demand a bronze and marble statue of me, set up somewhere in the GD forum.
alx
Scholar
Scholar

Oh bloody hell

Post by alx »

The Prime almost got a sarcastic resopnse before I realized he was a mod. Thank Buddha I was respectfully disagreeing...

http://www.bigskyhorizons.com/alx/galle ... rt/bed.jpg

I am fresh out of moderator grade virtual marble, so please wait whilst I render a quarry and then model some minions to mine it for me
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

The Mod. And you'll find I run this place a military dictatorship. :P

I like it, but it's a bit small. It is very creepy, though. Muchos nice... os.
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

That bed reminds me of my own
Jesus Prime wrote:Good point. You sexy beast, you.
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
alx
Scholar
Scholar

What luck!

Post by alx »

Jesus Prime wrote:The Mod. And you'll find I run this place a military dictatorship.
Oh joy, I managed to brown off THE mod twice in my first two posts (note to self: create new account, post same art; hope nobody catches on)

At the risk of winding you up a third time, let me repeat my request for elaboration on what turns you off about digital art (what do I care, I'm ditching this account anyway) but seriously, it might help me create some art that meets your sensibilities. Not kissing ass, I am looking to incorporate that painterly feel as previously stated. Your input could make a difference

On a side note, I have punished the minions. Expecting mod grade marble any day now, and have a surplus of modworthy bronze in my warehouse. Effigy soon to follow. Now back to alx with the closet picture report

I warned you that the image doesn't do the original justice. However, there is some amusing commentary on the piece if you want to hit my site. My condolences to EE if his closet is also reminiscent...
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Re: Oh bloody hell

Post by decadence »

alx wrote:The Prime almost got a sarcastic resopnse before I realized he was a mod. Thank Buddha I was respectfully disagreeing...
He didn't know. Thanks for informing him of his might. :lol:
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

I'm a mod?