Mythos webzine

Discuss your work, and the work of the contributors to the Temple.

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Mythos webzine

Post by darrick »

remember the Dunwich Herald? if not, it was a Mythos webzine (or online magazine) that died out last year sometime.

anyways, i'm interested in creating something similar for 2008. anyone want to help? probably need web design assistance as well as writers, artists, and promoters.

i'll check back here or you can email me at: darrick@CultofCthulhu.net (put Mythos webzine in the subject line so i don't just delete it accidentally).

thanks,

Venger As'Nas Satanis
Cult of Cthulhu High Priest
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

Ah I want in! Short stories could be a little something I could offer
Jesus Prime wrote:Good point. You sexy beast, you.
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

cool.

Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Not to steal your thunder, but how would you consider a collaboration with Fantastic Horror? We're considering the idea of editorial issues running in between our feature issues, which could very easily be turned into the kind of thing you're considering.
If it's something you'd be interested in, give us a look-see over at FH and let us know.
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

thanks for the offer, i do appreciate it.

i like the looks of FH, no doubt. however, my webzine is probably going to be a bit more tailor made for the Cult of Cthulhu. also, this gives me an excuse to get up off my hind tentacles and learn web design... something i've been meaning to do for a couple years.

VS
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Not a problem. Good luck with it, make sure you post a link here when you're up and running with it.
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
Rodr-Evil
Haunter of the Dark
Haunter of the Dark

Post by Rodr-Evil »

Cool idea, I don't know nothing about web design but if you want one promoter or something.. heh
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

Cool idea, I don't know nothing about web design but if you want one promoter or something.. heh
sounds good. any help is appreciated. my web designer is purchasing a domain name right now. the new site will actually feature two webzines. one devoted to the Cthulhu Mythos and the other devoted to Satanism. since those are two of my favorite spiritual philosophies, it just makes sense for me to attack both at once. at the moment, it looks like we might do a PDF format for the actual magazine itself. that way it can be handled without a lot of web design know-how. just a simple addition every month or every other month.

the first issues will might be out in as soon as a few months from now. anyone interested in writing articles on the Mythos' breakthrough into (un)popular culture, its strange long-time attraction to generations of readers, and/or the symbolism between the Mythos and potential forces that lurk behind "real life"? if so, then let me know.

VS