Is the mud down?

CthulhuMud Discussion

Moderators: mgmirkin, Bast, Quanqued, Moderators

Grant
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Is the mud down?

Post by Grant »

*Edited* Never mind, I rebooted and now I can connect. Hmm weird.

Is the mud down or is something wrong on my end? 7:21 PM EST time.
I am using Fire Client version 2.13.
I tried connecting to other muds, and I can connect to some of them but not all of them. I also downloaded the trial version of Zmud and tried to connect to Cthulhu but it wouldn't connect either.
Quanqued
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Quanqued »

It appears that we have a bad router that's been causing the sporadic network drops. There is a new one on order to correct the problem, so we'll have to keep working through this one until the new one comes in. Apparently Thursday was particularly bad, however things appear to have settled down somewhat since then.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. When the new router comes in there will be a brief outage to connect/configure it.
~Quanqued

=============================
- "Who says mortality can't be overcome?"
- "Well yeah, the trick is avoiding the death part."

For more prompt responses, please use the in-game boards, or email: cthulhumud@foxpaws.net
Grant
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Thanks for the quick reply

Post by Grant »

Thanks for the quick reply and the info. No worries =) Just glad you guys provide such a great game.
Blargh
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Blargh »

Ditto for the glad bit here. I'm sure I'm not the only one when I say we're grateful for the things the imms do, both to keep the game up and running, and improve it for us players.
A big thankyou and congratulations to all the imms/staff.
END COMMUNICATION!
Tao
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Tao »

Blargh wrote:we're grateful for the things the imms do, both to keep the game up and running, and improve it for us players.
A big thankyou and congratulations to all the imms/staff.

Its not often enough you are all told how much we appreciate you, and indeed, i dont think we could say it enough, for a lot of the players all your hard work and efforts come together in a place where night after night, day after day, they can come to, relax, have fun, meet their friends and socialize...not to mention a bit of quality killing. The years of dedication and effort to make a game this complex and this big is phenominal - i dont often say this to people...ladies and gentleman; you have my utmost respect.

***coughs***

sorry, got a bit emotional there :D
Raymond
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Raymond »

You're great, people.

Tao is so right. CthulhuMUD is like a very good pub, where to meet good friends to chat and play some darts from time to time, and where you're friends with the owners too. What could be best?
FranklinWest
Scholar
Scholar

Post by FranklinWest »

Raymond wrote:You're great, people.

Tao is so right. CthulhuMUD is like a very good pub, where to meet good friends to chat and play some darts from time to time, and where you're friends with the owners too. What could be best?
Most bartenders don't have the tentacle mastery that we do. :twisted:
"...You think it's dead just because you shot it in the head?"
"Never trust anyone you can't quickly and easily kill."
-Franklin West

Join the Madness! :cthulhu1:

ID: Cthulhumud
Host: cthulhumud.com
Port: 8889