Cult of Cthulhu bible

Discuss your work, and the work of the contributors to the Temple.

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

krakenten
Haunter of the Dark
Haunter of the Dark

Post by krakenten »

Cthulhu and Co. are imaginary terrors, under our control, we can close the book on them at will.
Sort of like a cocker spaniel sized Godzilla, looks dangerous but can't hurt you.
Hitler, Stalin, Idi Amin, Saddam Hussein and the sorry roll of tyrants are the real horrors.
The Mythos is losing it's impact and mystery, as we see real terrors before us.
We sought dark and unknown things, and, by Jingo, we found them!
(Insana bin Looney's resemblance to Fu Manchu, and al Queida's likeness to the Si-Fan are remarkable, can the Great Old Ones be far away?)
Pass the Tikkoun Elixer!
Vita Brevis, Ars Longa, Mors Profundis
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

horror in the real world is more of a senseless thing. there's a weird kind of quiet, lonely feeling that goes with it, when you see that it isn't a story being told for a purpose, but one out of infinite unceremonious events in physical reality where nobody is interpreting anything to make it fit into a plot. there are no lovingly crafted sentences or music or special effects. it's just a thing that hits you, and then what? the scene just keep on going, no clear cuts between paragraphs or chapters. in the end, whenever you choose to say that is, what has the horror really amounted to? what do we have to show for it? wisdom? a good story to tell?

nah. just trauma.

i'll take fiction any day
A monkey riding a dog is probably the awesomest thing that could ever happen.
Contributors wanted! Fantastic Horror — Original Works of Disturbing Imagination
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

i really think you're selling Aleister Crowley short. he's more, much more, than a collection of urges and vices. i can't think of any other occult figure ever that has as many books written about him, or connected to him in some way... from Crowley himself, to Thelema, to the AA and OTO, the Golden Dawn, etc.

Venger Satanis
krakenten
Haunter of the Dark
Haunter of the Dark

Post by krakenten »

Crowley was a fraud-perhaps he even fooled himself?
Junkies bore me, and so does the Great Beast.
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

perhaps we all fool ourselves...

VS
krakenten
Haunter of the Dark
Haunter of the Dark

Post by krakenten »

Yes, but he was a bigger fool than most.
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

recent amazon.com review

Post by darrick »

Hip/NO/gross/Gnosis: Shudder at the revelations of the Cult of Cthulhu!!! (5 out of 5 stars)

After being somewhat disappointed by Donald Tyson's NECRONOMICON & his novel-ALHAZRED-which though interesting enough to read they seemed to lacked the sense of Cosmic Horror & Dread that is the stamp of Lovecraft's taint-so I was gratefully delighted upon reading Venger Satanis' CULT OF CTHULHU.

It has everything one would expect in finding the unwholesome tome of this forbidden cult-it is frightening-fascinating-blasphemous & yes shocking-if you want to know why-you will have to risk infection by mind virus by reading this book.

Now if you don't have an open mind that is to say if you are the standard narrow minded magician-witch-or satanist what have-you this isn't likely your cup of tea-stick to your party line of choice because this does go off like a great nihilist gnositic bomb in the brain & the terror of awakening out of "Consensus Reality" might leave you blubbering like a maniac. Personally I found Venger Satanis' use of Lovecraft-Thomas Logotti-Chaos Magic-Satanism & the Fourth Way a very satisfying mutation in the Evolution of the Left Hand Path. It deserves a place next to those other seminal works in this field-Phil Hine's lucid PSEUDONOMICON & the explosive THE INFERNAL TEXTS: NOX & LIBER KOTH of Stephen Sennit. What Venger Satanis does that is original & different form these other works is-he gives you a whole Paradigm's world view that one can choose to let swallow them up & form the slimy foundation of full emersion in Cthulhu Mythos Magick.

As a fellow Chaos Magician I can say that this is a Paradigm/model that I will be visiting often-whenever I feel the foul calling of Great Dreaded Cthulhu. Bloody Good-show-my hat off to you Venger Satanist!!!

i was very pleased to find this today on the Cthulhu Cult amazon.com listing.

VS
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/12/12798.phtml

that's where Benjamin's kind review of Cthulhu Cult is located.

of course, the same trolls are lurking under the bridge to desparage anything having to do with me... but ah well. more entertainment for us.

the fact that they are asleep and living mechanically is most definitely curse enough. why would i want to kill worms? allowing them to crawl through the mud underfoot is my victory!

Venger Satanis
Cult of Cthulhu High Priest
Draconis
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Draconis »

I still intend to purchase. But its a bit expensive in the UK at the moment.

And our principles do still differ, but our aesthetics concur..
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

I still intend to purchase. But its a bit expensive in the UK at the moment.

And our principles do still differ, but our aesthetics concur..
thanks. how much is CC in the UK? are you referring to lulu.com's shipping, cause yeah, that's expensive. is there a listing for it on amazon UK?

if you know of any UK book retailers that might want to carry it, perhaps they could get it a bit cheaper or perhaps i could order a bulk shipment at a reduced rate for them? i'm flexible.

VS
krakenten
Haunter of the Dark
Haunter of the Dark

Post by krakenten »

Say, if you're the High Priest, can I be the Grand Inquisitor?
You must have some heretics around, and a wide selection of infidels,apostates and recreants.
Think of the fun! Think of the pay per view, and video rights!
It could be the start of something big!
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

Say, if you're the High Priest, can I be the Grand Inquisitor?
You must have some heretics around, and a wide selection of infidels,apostates and recreants.
Think of the fun! Think of the pay per view, and video rights!
It could be the start of something big!
once a Cultist has become an official member, the possibilities are endless. always room for another inquisition.

VS
krakenten
Haunter of the Dark
Haunter of the Dark

Post by krakenten »

This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship........
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

i've posted a couple of new reviews (including one from Nicholas Grabowsky) on myspace blog:

http://blog.myspace.com/cthulhu_cult

thanks for looking,

VS
darrick
Reanimator
Reanimator

Post by darrick »

John Coughlin of Waning Moon Publications has just finished creating 30 signed, handbound leather editions of the Cult of Cthulhu bible, Cthulhu Cult.

more information here:

http://www.waningmoon.com/publications/books/coc/

thanks for checking it out (more pictures to be added).

a very exciting project...

Venger As'Nas Satanis
Cult of Cthulhu High Priest