Account restore

CthulhuMud Discussion

Moderators: mgmirkin, Bast, Quanqued, Moderators

Shaidar
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Account restore

Post by Shaidar »

Through several posts I have seen that there are some ways to restore accounts, and I wanted to know if you actually had somthing on record for my character. The name is Shadowkiller, I played oooo 5 some odd years ago when the mud was first taken down... I know it's a long shot but you advised previously that you dont erase certains characters unless it is done manually. I have already recreated the Shadowkiller account but if the old is accessible that would be much appreciated. I had already remorted once.
Quanqued
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Quanqued »

Actually accounts are automatically removed, and it's based on time since last login and character level. The restores you've seen mentioned have all been people that have requested their pfiles be set aside in cold storage prior to their absence (or via email before their characters were automatically deleted). All that to the side, we also don't have backups going 5 years back :)
~Quanqued

=============================
- "Who says mortality can't be overcome?"
- "Well yeah, the trick is avoiding the death part."

For more prompt responses, please use the in-game boards, or email: cthulhumud@foxpaws.net
Shaidar
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by Shaidar »

oh come on now Quanqued! 5 years is not unreasonable. :P :lol: Thanks for the response. I needed to get used to the game again anyways. Amazing how much you forget when you don't play for so long.
Quanqued
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Quanqued »

It's amazing how much has changed in just the last few years, 5 years not-withstanding. With the number of things that our build staff have cleaned up, changed, added to or rewritten I'm almost completely lost whenever I try my hand at being mortal again.

Altogether I love the updates, and I think we have almost all the rooms without names or descriptions cleared out. The directions in the room descriptions should actually match the exits, and (here's the amazing part), there's been a huge dent made on the poor grammar and typos that were littered throughout the worlds.
~Quanqued

=============================
- "Who says mortality can't be overcome?"
- "Well yeah, the trick is avoiding the death part."

For more prompt responses, please use the in-game boards, or email: cthulhumud@foxpaws.net