Possible site redesign and position openings

Site news and updates

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

E.A. Lovecraft
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by E.A. Lovecraft »

Jesus Prime wrote:
Eternities End wrote:I also propose putting all his links into the links section, and subdividing it - sections, rather than a page of links.
I second that. It'll keep things organized and easier to find.
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

How dare you!...I didnt write that!
Jesus Prime wrote:Good point. You sexy beast, you.
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Ok, to keep this somewhat organized, send me a private message if you would like an account to add news to the main site. If I do not hate you, I will create one and send you the info once everything is ready ;)

Currently there are only two categories of posts: news and reviews.

I will most likely rename 'news' to 'site news', and then create a new 'mythos news' category, since the current news category is just for site updates.

As far as who all wants an account, I do not have a max in mind, but I just want it to be people that have been here a little while that I can trust, not so much as far as security, because your account will not be full admin access, but rather that I can trust to post properly and not something like 'first post11!!11111!!!!' on the main page, or stuffing huge images into posts without using thumbnails, etc.. ;)

As far as the categories themselves, you will be officially free to post what you like - just make sure you put it in the proper category, and that it is at least _somewhat_ mythos related. Obviously, since I am the only one that adds new content to the main page itself, no one else will need to post to 'site news', but feel free to post in 'mythos news' and even 'reviews' if you feel like posting a review of mythos related stuff.

I am also more than willing to setup new categories for the main page - let me know if you have any good ideas. Private message please though - so I can keep it sorted :)

I think this could help the site grow further by having fresh content on the main page, which can increase regular visitors, who may go on to explore the rest of the site, and partake in the joy that is Lovecraft ;)
Hodgson
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by Hodgson »

Jesus Prime wrote:
Eternities End wrote:I say we give it to Hodgson, that guys crazy at finding shit
Thirded, if he's up for it. I also propose putting all his links into the links section, and subdividing it - sections, rather than a page of links.
I'm willing, and I pm'd Al.
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

It will be setup by this weekend :)
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

Why don't we add an Imageboard? you could install TrevorChan on the server and call it Cthulhuchan or something to that nature. We could post any and every picture of every type of species, monster, book,pictorial adaptation, or just plain Eechi between a DeepOne and a Yithian. I mean, seriously, who doesn't want to see a hot 18 million year old Yithian in a tight G string Trikini?
Jesus Prime

Post by Jesus Prime »

Yog-Sothoth wrote:Why don't we add an Imageboard? you could install TrevorChan on the server and call it Cthulhuchan or something to that nature. We could post any and every picture of every type of species, monster, book,pictorial adaptation, or just plain Eechi between a DeepOne and a Yithian. I mean, seriously, who doesn't want to see a hot 18 million year old Yithian in a tight G string Trikini?
Me. I doesn't.
Adrian wrote:TELL ME YOU ORDERED THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!
Adrian wrote:I sure love my pudding.
odin2
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by odin2 »

Yithian are jail-bait until 21 million years old..
"I'm farther from doing what I want to do than I was 20 years ago"
~~H.P.Lovecraft~~
IMDB wrote: in the event of a zombie apocalypse, or the return of Cthulu, be near a Wal-Mart!
Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

Post by Eternities End »

odin2 wrote:Yithian are jail-bait until 21 million years old..
Basically
Jesus Prime wrote:Good point. You sexy beast, you.
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure