Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

Lagwolf
Haunter of the Dark
Haunter of the Dark

Nox Arcana's latest reviewed

Post by Lagwolf »

Necronomicon

http://www.noxarcana.com

Nox Arcana do a fine line in creepy symphonic gothic electronic metal. As you could guess from the name, this CD was inspired by the mythos of one Howard Philips Lovecraft. The brief spoken word bits on this CD are quotes from the great man's work. For once, a band, or in this case a duo, have fully realised the creeping menace that is the Cthulhu mythos. Admirers of HPL's work will recognise the names of the tracks including Yog-Sothoth, Nyarlathotep, The Black Pharoah and Cthulhu. There are 21 tracks of symphonic eerieness on here. The right balance is struck between tunefullness and the sense of dread. One can truly say that the reading of Lovecraft and his successors now have a soundtrack. <a href="http://www.phdpublishers.com/TGD.html">Those of us</a> who continue to add to the mythos genre will have some audio inspiration should we need it. This is by far the best audio or visual pieceinspired by Lovecraft's work to emerge in a very long time.

Rating: 5/5
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

I wasn't really taken in by the music, because it reminds me of castlevania on the Super-NES, but I give them props for making such an amazing tribute to the Lovecraftian Legacy of creepiness. No doubt many will enjoy their offerings!
Lagwolf
Haunter of the Dark
Haunter of the Dark

Post by Lagwolf »

You need to listen to it on the right system. It gave me the right vibe.
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Oooooo he dissed your system dog!

j/k :cthulhuplush:
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

LMFAO!! :lol:

He doesn't know my system, do he?

That music? it's basically surround sound midi to me...

my system is 1500 watts
Lagwolf
Haunter of the Dark
Haunter of the Dark

Post by Lagwolf »

I listened to it several times on my iPod while reading on a train and it was rather good for that. I must confess that I was wishing there was more actual instruments in the mix instead of just programmed ones.
taoruankeji
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by taoruankeji »

iMacsoft ipad to PC Transfer Coupon Code (25.00% Discount), the excellent iPad to PC transfer, is specially designed for iPad users to fast transfer, rip, copy and manage your music, videos, photos, podcasts and TV Shows from iPad to PC, iPad to iTunes.
iMacsoft iPad to Mac transfer OFF (25.00% Discount)
Aimersoft iPhone Ringtone Maker for Mac OFF (20.00% Discount)
Aimersoft DVD Creator Discount (20.00% OFF)
Aimersoft DVD Creator for Mac OFF (25.00% Discount Coupon)
For more coupon discount visit http://www.vogsoft.com
xuefei
Librarian
Librarian

Post by xuefei »

iSkysoft iMedia Converter for Mac (10% discount) is an all-in-one converter that supports DVD ripping and video conversion. It lets you rip DVDs and convert videos directly for use with iPad, iPod, iPhone 4, Apple TV, or other devices. You can get a coupon code on vogsoft.com which helps you save 10% of original price.

iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac (30% discount) offers ultimate all-in-one DVD and Video solution, a must-have software essential for digital entertainment life. In addition to all the features of iMedia Converter, Deluxe version offers many other great features including copying DVDs, creating DVDs, downloading streaming web video worth over $165. Vogsoft provides you with discount purchase for this iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac, with a coupon code, you can get the program with 30% discount, now only cost you $38.50.

Source from http://www.vogsoft.com