These People ARE NUTS

Topics of the Mythos

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

These People ARE NUTS

Post by decadence »

I put this in here because it has a dirtect line to the mythos..These people are INSANE!

(please read it before commenting)

http://www.esotericorderofdagon.tk
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

I have seen this site in the past.

I am almost positive it is not meant to be serious, but who knows! :) Maybe I should email them.
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

well hell, they accept donations, and have a business model up there. Someone is buying this shit! :lol:
Stick
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Stick »

What a cute and clever online cult site. Everyone should have their own!

I too was hoping they were for real, but Innsmouth is a REALLY long distance from here!
Vodstok
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Vodstok »

Reminds me of the Miskatonic University site that was around a while ago (i havent seen it in a while...)

I was half-tempted to sign up for classes... but Mapquest doesnt have any maps that lead to Arkham....

Edit:
Okay, so it took 2 seconds to find on Google. Sue me.
http://www.miskatonic.net/
:cthulhu2:
“True. Hey, maybe we can actually get all of the data out of this thing without getting eaten.”
E.A. Lovecraft
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by E.A. Lovecraft »

Okay, so it took 2 seconds to find on Google. Sue me.
heh . . . I think there are two or three other Miskatonic U sites still out there.
Adrian
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by Adrian »

The one where bunch of people took drugs in order to take a 'trip' as members of the Miskatonic in the form as an expedition to discover Kadath was interesting to read.
"I just cannot believe any of this voodoo bullshit." - - - Childs
Jesus Prime wrote:You sure love your pudding.
Jesus Prime wrote:ADRIAN LOVES PUDDING
E.A. Lovecraft
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by E.A. Lovecraft »

"The Miskatonic Acid Test" by Dark Lord Rob?
Adrian
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by Adrian »

No, there was another title and people I think...
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

I was looking through my copy of 'The Necronomicon Files' (which I can't stress enough how interesting it is - and no I am not paid to say that!), and I noticed a section on the Miskatonic cult(s).

If anyone is interested I will go through it and share some interesting points :)
Adrian
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by Adrian »

Please do. It's an interesting topic for me.
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Here is the info I promised :) It is in two sections. The information is from 'Necronomicon Files' by Daniel Harms and John Wisdom Gonce III. There is so much information in this book (even on these two specific groups) that I had to cut it down a bit.

Once again - get this book! :) It tells the truth about almost every Lovecraft based cult, group, belief system there is. It is huge in it's scope and very well researched and very extensive!

1) The Esoteric Order of Dagon

The most well known 'Esoteric Order of Dagon' was founded in 1980 by Steven Greenwood, with the encouragement of Kenneth Grant, whos books increased the surge of interest in Lovecraftian magick.

It was self-described as "an association of initiates exploring the connections between the fiction of H. P. Lovecraft and other occult concepts."

It became a loose network of lodges in the US, Spain, and England. It claimed to have no historic lineage, but in 'Starry Wisdom' by Frater Tenebrous, it states that it was an order descended from the sirius-mystery cults of ancient Engypt, Babylon and Sumeria, and describes Lovecraft as "the High Priest 'Eich-Pi-El' the prophet of the comin Aeon of Cthulhu'.

While Grants writings attempted to make the Lovecraft/Crowley connection, it's members were not required to be followers of Crowley.

According to Frater Tenebrous, the main goal of the EOD was "the opening of the gate of Yog-Sothoth". Many documents were released by the group, instructions for summoning, etc.. Cthulhu.

In 1991, the order's 'Yaddith Lodge' announced that the EOD was entering a "period of silence" in which only the top three members (Steven Greenwood, Nina Crummett, and Peter Smith) would remain active.

However the same year, the three members started the Misktatonick (spelled with an extra k) society, which republished 'starry wisdom'. It was spelled with a k to distinguish it from Lovecraft's fictitional Miskatonic university.

EOD reemerged March 20th, 1997 with an opening of a new lodge by Frater Bokrug XIII. The new newsletter of the EOD is called 'Cthulhu Rising - The Official Organ of Esoteric Order of Dagon'.

2) The Miskatonic Alchemical Expidition

This is not to be confused with the Miskatonick group mentioned above.

This organization was founded by Bill Siebert (AKA AShT ChOzar Ssaratu) in 1985. The objective of the MAE according to Siebert was to "create an environment in which dreams/phantasies/visions are projected outward within our working group (circle)".

This involved the use of a drug called the "enthenogenic elixir" which was generally composed of a concentrated grain-alcohol distillate of Psilocybe Mexicana ('special' mushrooms). diluted with Chambord raspberry liqueur and Coca-Cola. Sometimes cannabis was added or even LSD (1000-2000 mcgs!), as well as human "kalas" (consecrated sexual fluids).

The MAE closed around 1988 and the banks foreclosed on their property.
E.A. Lovecraft
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by E.A. Lovecraft »

Aleister wrote:The MAE closed around 1988 and the banks foreclosed on their property.
Big shock there. :D
Adrian
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by Adrian »

Hardcore.
The Huntsville Horror
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by The Huntsville Horror »

Aleister wrote: This involved the use of a drug called the "enthenogenic elixir" which was generally composed of a concentrated grain-alcohol distillate of Psilocybe Mexicana ('special' mushrooms). diluted with Chambord raspberry liqueur and Coca-Cola. Sometimes cannabis was added or even LSD (1000-2000 mcgs!), as well as human "kalas" (consecrated sexual fluids).
Sounds like a party. Damn.