"Legacy of Free Music"

Discuss your work, and the work of the contributors to the Temple.

Moderators: mgmirkin, Moderators

decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

"Legacy of Free Music"

Post by decadence »

Well, if you are reading this, it will turn your head perhaps. I have decided to put up 10 cd's worth of my past released audio stuff, for free download. I have arranged each piece of music into the Album or EP from which it was originally first heard and released from. Some of these contain files of the artwork that was on their CD itself. Some of these tracks are previously unheard by many people, and others are old rehashed-to-death staples of my musical journey.

As for the story behind each CD:

One of my long standing quirks, dealing with composing music, is that a song does not have to fit a certain niche or pattern to be enjoyable. I listen personally to every form of music that graces my ears, with the exception of Polka, because it all sounds like the same song to me. I suppose that is bias, and I am sure that someplace, sometime, there is a raving fanbase for that stuff. I am not one of those people.

One of the most frustrating things I have had to face as a musician in the electronic scene, is that people pidgeonhole you like there is no tomorrow. Whether it be "ooh you make drum n bass and trance", or "that sounds like techno" people have this innately ignorant desire to put my stuff into a phylum, and thus either enjoy it moreso, or dismiss it out of hand. Music is music.

That being said, when I hear nails fall out of an old coffee can into some wet cement, I hear patterns in the sounds. This is then, music to my ears. I find that electronic music allows me more freedom to explore sound design, and create sounds which, I am sorry to say this, you simply cannot produce with an electric guitar. This is not dismissive of standard musical lineups, but it is my belief that traditional instruments, for me, personally, are a creative hindrance, not an expressive outlet. This does not mean, by any stretch of the imagination, that believe rock and roll is dead, or that rap and pop and all that are stupid. On the contrary, they influence me more than many people might notice, from hearing my stuff.

I just make songs. This is who I fucking am. Those that know me as a photographer, writer, and gaming nerd, who may not have known this side of me intimately, now see that I stick my creative claws into all mediums, be them visual, written, or eardrum.

All of this started back in 1997, several months before I graduated from highschool. Since then, this near-decade of exploration into sonic excursion has seen me rise and fall in life, meet the love of my life, lose people, find people, listen and hear and has basically shaped who I am, musically. I have learned things, and lost things. All in all, the ride has been worth it, and The Beats of Eons will continue ever onward...

Below are links to 10 previously released CD's. Some of these tracks, again, did not appear on the store-bought copies that still exist in some places. Since I do all of this myself, and the runs I put out are limited to my mood and inclination, many of these CD's are no longer being actively manufactured, but still exist in random, secret caches, some of my own, some of others I have lost track of, or, perhaps, know nothing about. In any case, there are over 100 songs represented here, several hours of listening for you to enjoy (or despise) and is a glimpse of my larger body of work. Like my idol and hero, Trent Reznor, much of what I produce never see's the light of day, and I secret it away, to listen to in my old age, or something along those lines.

This then, shall be a testament to my obssession as a musician. Ladies and Gentlefucks, I give you:

(i am in the process of migrating the files to one location, and will provide a link in a future post where all of these items may be downloaded at once)
-------------------------

Feedback on these items is appreciated, asked for, and for some of you, outright demanded :lol:

Note on the DvD:

For those who have heard about my upcoming DvD release, the material you hear in this stuff will be available on there as well, but with far more included. I have posted in various places about that item, and how some of you will be able to grab it without cost. The DvD will feature over 300 other tracks, some of them which have seen the light of day.

Enjoy ;)
Last edited by decadence on Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JJ Burke
Old One

Post by JJ Burke »

making your music free is admirable, and i salute it
A monkey riding a dog is probably the awesomest thing that could ever happen.
Contributors wanted! Fantastic Horror — Original Works of Disturbing Imagination
Enkil
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by Enkil »

I look foward to listening. Anything Lovecraft themed? Perhaps the music of Erich Zann?
"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it." ~ Caesar
[America] [Scotland] ||| The Truth will stand when the World is on fire.
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

I have done some dabbling for Al's radio show in the past, but I am unsure what, from that, was used, if at all. If you like I will add those items in a sep file sometime soon.
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

I may be taking these down in a few days for a short time. So anyone wishing to grab them sooner than later, get crackin.

Thanks for the comments :)
Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

Nice collection :)
Enkil
Primordial Evil
Primordial Evil

Post by Enkil »

OMFG ITS ALEISTER. Are you back?
"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it." ~ Caesar
[America] [Scotland] ||| The Truth will stand when the World is on fire.
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

He never left *sigh*

Admins do not have to post to be present. *sigh*
RoilRubbish
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by RoilRubbish »

i would like to hear some of this!!!!
??
repost a few of these please

RUBBISH
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

RoilRubbish wrote:i would like to hear some of this!!!!
??
repost a few of these please

RUBBISH
I will be posting a link to a page that houses them all very soon (uploading them all on a new location as I sit here)
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »

RoilRubbish
Mi-Go Brain-Bait
Mi-Go Brain-Bait

Post by RoilRubbish »

THANKS !! for the sounds
decadence
Shadow Out Of Time

Post by decadence »