Quest hint request

CthulhuMud Discussion

Moderators: mgmirkin, Bast, Quanqued, Moderators

Benedict
Scholar
Scholar

Quest hint request

Post by Benedict »

Hmmm... If someone could give me a little hint, I'd appreciate it...

The brown cat says to look for the place in Ulthar where I would least expect a cat to hide... Now, knowing cats like I do, they'll hide anywhere they can, and can hide almost anywhere, including plain sight...

Then the cat dips it's tail into the fountain... I've tried everything I can think of with both fountains, and I've tried finding rooms where I don't think a cat would be... The only room I haven't tried is the infiltrator's room, because I can't get in there.

Could someone please point me in the right direction? (And no, I don't want you to tell me outright.) Thanks.
Benedict ap Fitzwilliam
aka Harley Smith Jr

Benedict
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Benedict »

Oops... I meant to put this in the Mud Help forum... *sheepish grin*
Benedict ap Fitzwilliam
aka Harley Smith Jr

Aleister
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Aleister »

It has been a while since I started that quest...

I believe you are on the right track though with the cat. I just got on to check it out but I think I already did that one, and its been so long ago it seems :)

Which person in the village did you talk to again to start it ? Did they give you any objects or anything?

Did you try interrogating that cat?
Benedict
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Benedict »

The person in Zoog village is Slorril. Then you talk to the village elders. They give you a ring to give to the boy, and tell you to go around talking to the cats saying a certain word. I found the cat, and said the word. It's say, not talk. I did interrogate the cat. My problem is trying to find someplace where I wouldn't expect a cat to hide. I even checked the kennels outside the city. Hmm... Dunno. :?:
Benedict ap Fitzwilliam
aka Harley Smith Jr

Benedict
Scholar
Scholar

Post by Benedict »

Thanks for the help. I had been going from room to room searching for a while. That gets boring. :) Thanks again.
Benedict ap Fitzwilliam
aka Harley Smith Jr