How Can I Get Started...

CthulhuMud Discussion

Moderators: mgmirkin, Bast, Quanqued, Moderators

Eternities End
Deep One Spawn

How Can I Get Started...

Post by Eternities End »

Im really intreseted in getting into this CoC Rp stuff...The only thing is that I live in the middle of no-were and I dont rlly wanna get it off the net. Even if I did order it off the net Im not rlly a table top guy( I play warhammer) but I dont indulge much in RP... Any pointers?
Jesus Prime wrote:Good point. You sexy beast, you.
Mid-19th Century: Captain Obed Marsh explores Devil's Reef. Reputedly, he is searching for pirate treasure
Blargh
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Blargh »

This part of the forum is for an online text-based game. Cthulhumud. I have a feeling there's a post lurking about that says how to go about getting started. I've always used Fireclient for it (at www.firebolt.com i think), which is free. Quite a neat little place once you get your head around it being text-based (I'd never mudded before starting here). Also, www.cthulhumud.com has more information that could be handy if you're interested.
END COMMUNICATION!
Rodr-Evil
Haunter of the Dark
Haunter of the Dark

Post by Rodr-Evil »

"To play, just connect to the server - cthulhumud.com on port 8889" ---->how?
Blargh
Neophyte
Neophyte

Post by Blargh »

Right-o. To connect to said port, you need a MUD client. The link I provided above (www.firebolt.com) is to a site where you can get your hands on a free MUD client. Fireclient is what I've used the whole time I've been on this MUD, and it works well enough. If you download the client, you can get onto the game by opening Fireclient, then selecting "Run!". After this, select "File", then "New", then you can either manually enter the required info (ID: Cthulhumud, Host: www.cthulhumud.com and Port: 8889) or scroll down the list of MUDs to find it. Once that's done, hit "Connect" and everything should be fine.
END COMMUNICATION!
Rodr-Evil
Haunter of the Dark
Haunter of the Dark

Post by Rodr-Evil »

Ok thanks, now I need the tutorial.
FranklinWest
Scholar
Scholar

Post by FranklinWest »

Rodr-Evil wrote:Ok thanks, now I need the tutorial.
So did you ever get into the game? You wouldn't be Roderick, would you? If you still need help, feel free to contact me. Either on here, in game, or by e-mail. I'm about three hours of slaying MOBs away from being done with my hack and slash career, so now would be a good time to hit me up with any questions/concerns you might have that an old player/low-ranking IMM can help with. :)

And of course this goes for any other new players/potential new players that might be reading this.
"...You think it's dead just because you shot it in the head?"
"Never trust anyone you can't quickly and easily kill."
-Franklin West

Join the Madness! :cthulhu1:

ID: Cthulhumud
Host: cthulhumud.com
Port: 8889
Quanqued
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Quanqued »

Incidentally it should be:

www.cthulhumud.com points to Aleister's web server which is not the same as the server the mud is actually on.
~Quanqued

=============================
- "Who says mortality can't be overcome?"
- "Well yeah, the trick is avoiding the death part."

For more prompt responses, please use the in-game boards, or email: cthulhumud@foxpaws.net
FranklinWest
Scholar
Scholar

Post by FranklinWest »

Quanqued wrote:Incidentally it should be:

www.cthulhumud.com points to Aleister's web server which is not the same as the server the mud is actually on.
Thanks, [edit: beep] :)
"...You think it's dead just because you shot it in the head?"
"Never trust anyone you can't quickly and easily kill."
-Franklin West

Join the Madness! :cthulhu1: